Homemade "Firebat" water cannon

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
ShadowSniper

Post by ShadowSniper » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:07 pm

I've been pondering and designing this for a while and I thought that maybe you people would like to see it so I registered to post. Here's my concept drawing, pretty self explanatory. If you have any questions comments or suggestions please reply.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/ ... design.jpg

Edit: Here's a quote from our rules:
Never post images (with the image tag) over 600 pixels in width, or 500 pixels tall. Linking to is acceptable.

Just remember that not everyone had a big monitor or uses a full screen window. ;)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:04 am

Welcome to Super Soaker Central! Aside from the image problem which I already addressed, please capitalize the first words of sentences. After you correct that problem, I will upgrade your account for correctly following our rules. 8)

Is the electronic sprinkler valve necessary? Won't a simple ball valve do? Remember, electronics and water do not mix! Other than that, that design is straightforward and I do not think you will have any problems or disappointments, given that you use a larger diameter tube.

ShadowSniper

Post by ShadowSniper » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:28 am

Originally posted by Ben@Jul 15 2005, 05:04 PM

Welcome to Super Soaker Central! Aside from the image problem which I already addressed, please capitalize the first words of sentences. After you correct that problem, I will upgrade your account for correctly following our rules. 8)

Is the electronic sprinkler valve necessary? Won't a simple ball valve do? Remember, electronics and water do not mix! Other than that, that design is straightforward and I do not think you will have any problems or disappointments, given that you use a larger diameter tube.
[snapback]25825[/snapback]

Well, I wanted it so that I could push a button and have it so that it wouldn't require me to reach behind my back every time I wanted to fire because that can be costly in a waterfight. Also It's be allot cooler to just push a button and unleash four jets of water at someone. (Reason I'm making this)

I also wanted to say sorry about the image thing, and I'll try to use better grammar whenever I post again.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:44 am

I wanted it so that I could push a button and have it so that it wouldn't require me to reach behind my back every time I wanted to fire because that can be costly in a waterfight.
The ball valve can be put at the end of a piece of vinyl tubing. So you would not need to reach around.

If you get a threaded ball valve you can attach a tubing barb and a couple PVC attachments to make a multi-nozzle setup, like this:

This setup is what many people use in backpack-only homemades. If you want another example of a nozzle or firing valve setup you can check out RolandTower's homemade water gun on this site.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.