CPS 2100 Big Trouble

Threads about water gun modifications.
BoltMasterZero

Post by BoltMasterZero » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:17 pm

This is my take on the combination of a CPS Big Trouble and a CPS 2100. Questions?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:14 am

Awesome idea, it now has a huge PC and is SuperChargeable. The only problem I'm seeing is that the BT and the CPS 2100 have to have the same power PC or else one with inflate and the other won't. You also should use a larger Tee, that one is pretty small and a bigger one will have more flow.

Great job so far though, I want to see more new mods like this. All it is today is super-K-mods, and for some reason (didn't read much since I got back), there seems to be a contest about who can use the most balloons. Anyone could go out, buy 400 balloons, K-mod them all onto the PC, not use the case because of all the rubber and then brag about it. :rolleyes:

DX

Post by DX » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:32 am

Yeah, it's partially my fault for bringing about a "modding contest." I also said that 65-80 balloons has the most potential for power, more balloons isn't always better. Then of course I went out and extended my 90 Balloon K to 105 balloons, just cause Drewsky did 100. :P I have seen that ultra-k-modding is getting pointless, and will be starting my APH tomarrow. B)
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

BoltMasterZero

Post by BoltMasterZero » Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:52 am

Originally posted by Doom@Aug 21 2004, 08:14 PM
You also should use a larger Tee, that one is pretty small and a bigger one will have more flow.
Yea, I was thinking of using the next size up but the two types of tubing are different sizes so the cps 2100 tubing fits tight and the big trouble tubing fits loose. I couldn't get the 2100 tubing onto the next size tee. The stream last for a extremely large amount of time. I will probably do range and shot time figures sometime next week.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:17 am

Originally posted by Duxburian@Aug 21 2004, 08:32 PM
Yeah, it's partially my fault for bringing about a "modding contest." I also said that 65-80 balloons has the most potential for power, more balloons isn't always better. Then of course I went out and extended my 90 Balloon K to 105 balloons, just cause Drewsky did 100. :P I have seen that ultra-k-modding is getting pointless, and will be starting my APH tomarrow. B)
It's not a problem, I was just saying it's getting a little old. Especially with Drewsky's 100 balloon K-mod. It's not much of an accomplishment, anyone could do it.

I think that people should hold off on the homemades until I rewrite the APH article and get a few more. You'll have a better selection and instructions.
Yea, I was thinking of using the next size up but the two types of tubing are different sizes so the cps 2100 tubing fits tight and the big trouble tubing fits loose. I couldn't get the 2100 tubing onto the next size tee. The stream last for a extremely large amount of time. I will probably do range and shot time figures sometime next week.
You could make a fairly complex thing with PVC and probably do it. In fact that's probably what I would do if I did this. ;)

revengeofline

Post by revengeofline » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:34 am

First of all, I'd like to say that this looks extremely cool. I have a question though. Is the Big Trouble component virtually just a large PC expansion? Also, when you Super Charge, does the water fill up the Big Trouble and 2100's PC, then begin to fill up the 2100's tank?

I think I would do more stuff like this, but I usually just end up destroying whatever I take apart, so... I think I'll leave most of the tech stuff up to people like Doom. ^_^

BoltMasterZero

Post by BoltMasterZero » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:08 pm

revengeofline,
Yes that is exactly how it works. And thank you.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:18 pm

Can you get some range tests and output tests? I think this is an awesome idea, I might do something similar to my CPS 2100 (which actually looks somewhat like yours because I cut away parts of the case). I think you could also try this nozzle mod I've done, I need to make a guide on it though. I have successfully had multiple nozzles on a CPS 2100 with it.

Isn't this technically an SS integration of some sort? It's not like integrations in Nerf, but similar.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:49 pm

Thats awesome dude. Make sure you Don't do a check valve freeze, otherwise the super charge won't fill up the reserve.

Also [at]Doom: Won't it not matter if the PC's are different power? It would fill up the more powerful one first (As long as the hose could) then because the water still wants to go somewhere, it would start filling the less powerful PC.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:58 pm

Won't it not matter if the PC's are different power? It would fill up the more powerful one first (As long as the hose could) then because the water still wants to go somewhere, it would start filling the less powerful PC.
It's a little hard to explain, but I've seen it. In a dual PC system, each PC has to be the exact same power. In an air pressure system it does that by itself. In a CPS system the pressure does not change.

On latex rubber tubing, I once switched the PC so that is was backwards, because one side was thinning. It inflated the thinner side first anyway. It just inflates what is easier to. Maybe if the BT PC was full it would start inflating the CPS 2100 one, but I'm not completely sure.