Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:29 pm

With the new site design I can't use a personal avatar. I've tried a bunch of avatars in "My pictures" that I've collected and none work. Is it going to stay this way?
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:34 pm

I don't know what you're problem is. Could you please expain more?

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:06 pm

Well, I hope it's not just my computer but when I look at this site I see a lot of people's avatars, including mine, as a box with an "X" in the corner. All my avatars that I've tryed to use have ended up like this too.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:12 pm

I'm having issues too. For some odd reason what's on FTP and what's on the web don't match. The forums' "uploads" folder is still there, but it's not visible from the internet, only from SSH and FTP. Everyone's avatar is now at the following URL:

http://www.sscentral.net/avatars/av-[yourmembernumber].jpg (or .gif, depending on what type you uploaded)

Where [yourmembernumber] is your member number (mine is 30), without the brackets.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:17 pm

Well that's a little better. After I folowed your instructions I restored my avatar but I still can't get my user photo back.........

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:27 pm

I'll do those soon, I'm still working out the group icon issue for admins, mods, etc.

EDIT: OK, here's your guide to the member pictures:

http://www.sscentral.net/photos/photo-[member#].jpg (or gif)

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:06 pm

Yeah, I've noticed that when I change it, there's a MySQL error. I've emailed someone about giving us a newer trial version of IPB (now that it's completely pay), but am yet to get a response. Try to get 2.0.0 or 2.0.1 from someone Neo, I've had no luck.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:28 pm

I got the same error - missing column in a table. I just copied the images to the root forum directory and it works. I'll work on getting 2.0.0 or 2.0.1.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:37 am

Sorry to bring up a dead topic but I want to use a pic on my computer for my avatar but can't. What should I do? It is within the set limits.

DX

Post by DX » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:40 am

I wasn't able to upload either. So I ftp'ed the image and linked instead. :P
I don't think your image being within the limits had any effect, something is simply not working.

<EDIT> That was for my sig pic so nevermind...although I was able to upload my avatar from my comp. So try it again and try to find out what's wrong.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:45 am

Fpt=? Sorry, I am not good with computers.
I am having the problem milkman had, an x in a box.