CPS 2100 Problem! Fix please!

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
elcidofvalencia

CPS 2100 Problem! Fix please!

Post by elcidofvalencia » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:40 pm

My CPS 2100 is broken!! And it's a great gun so I want it back in action.

I DO know what the problem is. I took it apart and sure enough, a piece was broken. Here's a picture of the broken piece. the second pic is what the piece should look like inside the gun!

basically it's snapped. Anything you guys reccomend to replace and/or repair the piece? I want this to work! Any reply is appreciated! thanks!

C-A_99

Re: CPS 2100 Problem! Fix please!

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Can you get the blaster to work normally without that piece? I haven't the slightest clue what it is as I've never seen one remotely like it in any 2100 picture nor in my own 2100.

elcidofvalencia

Post by elcidofvalencia » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:05 pm

it may be slightly different on other guns, but it's what the long wire thing hooks onto, the thing that pulls when you pull the trigger. without it there's nothing for the wire thing to hook onto

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:27 pm

I see, the red trigger piece hooks to the black piece? Or is the whole thing black? (It's usually red, so I can't be sure.) Actually, can you get a picture of where the trigger is and roughly assemble it as it was before it broke? I'm still not clear on how the piece fits in.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:54 pm

It connects to the wire which leads back to the trigger pulley. It goes around a post that is connected to the firing vavle in the nozzle.

If that piece is broken, the gun basically cannot fire. I would reccomend gorilla glue or a strong TWO piece epoxy, one that you mix yourself.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Its a lever for the trigger. It shouldn't be that hard to make yourself, if you have to.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:34 pm

soakernerd wrote:Its a lever for the trigger. It shouldn't be that hard to make yourself, if you have to.
That was what I tried to say, but tripped on. The main problem will be fitting it to the hinge (at the top of the piece where it connects to the gun in the picture)

You could make it yourself, but the original would have to be used as a design for a new one. And that would invovle putting it back together anyway, so I would just repair it.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

elcidofvalencia

Post by elcidofvalencia » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:04 am

yeah, it's exactly that he said. and i would try gorilla glue but it's a weird break and i'm not sure if i could repair it :/

do you have any clue what i could make the piece out of?

thanks for helping guys, by the way, i appreciate even the effort

Fredcompany

Post by Fredcompany » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:41 am

I'm not sure what you could make it out of, but you could use gorilla glue to fix it, and stick a metal plate to either side to make it stronger
I'm a dude

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Fredcompany wrote:I'm not sure what you could make it out of, but you could use gorilla glue to fix it, and stick a metal plate to either side to make it stronger
Short but good answer.

Just put some strong glue on it, add some metal plates each side to get the broken places stronger and more stable and the gun should just fire as good as in old times :)
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...