Pump Problems

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:28 pm

The pump on both my CPS2100 (previously opened) and my Vaporizer (never been opened) have gotten stiff and uneven. It also makes a loud squeak. Any suggestions?

EDIT: In the end, I never K-Modded the CPS2100. The balloons I bought were too small, and I don't feel like going out again. I'm thinking that some lubricant might work to make the pump move more easily.
"You ain't tellin' nobody nothin'." - Dexter Colt

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:36 pm

If you K-modded your 2100 then it makes sence because it gets harder to pump after the K-mod. But I'm not sure about your vaporizer. Check to see if screws are in the right spots and check it for cracks or other damages.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:40 pm

The Vaporizer does have a couple cracks near the front where my friend dragged it across a cement driveway (I'm never letting him borrow a water gun again).

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:17 pm

I hate to break a rule by double posting, but this is pretty messed up. I don't really care about the Vaporizer, I never use it, but the problem is it is nearly impossible to pump my CPS2100, and my next best gun is a XP240! Plus, I'm having a battle this weekend, and I can't beat a Pirahna with a defective CPS2100.

Anyway, I can usually pump up the CPS2100 to full pressure (oddly, it seems that the check valve doesn't make a loud screeching noise anymore). Then, I can pump it until the pump gets uneven (smooth until halfway, when it gets harder). Finally, it gets extremely (impossible) difficult to pump after the first pump. Help me... :(

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:38 pm

Truely I have no idea whats wrong with your soaker. So what I would do is open it up and see if something seems wrong in the order your internals are. Also the pc might not be deflating like it should be. Check out your internals and post if you find the problem.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci