Water Balloon Mines

General water gun discussion.
Freakymist

Post by Freakymist » Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:48 pm

I was just thinking about how dangerous the old put the water balloon in a hole trick is...what if someone trips in the hole and brakes/sprains their ankle :o

blaze

Post by blaze » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:12 pm

and wut if a soaker knocks someone's eye out? and wut if someone gets hit with a waterballoon so hard in the back of the head that they bite their tongue off? and wut if someone melees another person with their gun? or what if someone gets shot in the mouth and inhales the water and drowns? these are all risks (except the melee thing) that we take when we have water wars. minor risks. people trip all the time, and they rarely actually injure themselves. they gotta suck it up and get revenge on you. its that simple.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:21 pm

I think that the danger that Freakymist outlined is more of an issue than the ones blaze did. :huh:

I personally don't use water mines. Too much preparation needed I.e. digging holes in a piece of ground before the battle starts, and then disguising them. They might just be useful for larger battles, though.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

blaze

Post by blaze » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:25 pm

so your saying that its better to die or to lose your tongue or to lose an eye than to sprain your ankle?

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:28 pm

No, just that spraining your ankle in a hole is more likely than someone inhaling the water and drowning, biting their tongue off, etc. B)

EDIT: spelling
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

blaze

Post by blaze » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:33 pm

w/e I just know that im still going to use water mines.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:23 am

water mines are stupid all they do is get your sneakers wet and thats not fun. And once this retard used one and I tripeed an I almost broke my big toe. :( :( :( THat hurt like mad.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:00 pm

I think the velocity required to puncture someone's eye is 60 meters a second. Soakers don't get close to that, so there should be no real eye problem, it still would hurt to get hit in the eye.

I never have used the water mines myself, so I don't know how safe they are. It would hurt I guess.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:32 am

I use water mines. Water balloon mines suck. The best way is to get w soft water bottle, drill two small holes at either end of the bottle (wider apart than a shoe).
Filling: to fill it up, tape the holes, fill normally.
Setting up: dig a hole half the size of the bottle, place it in and comoflauge as needed.

I've actually been hit in the chin with one of these. Thei are way better than water balloon mines.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------