Help me identify this water gun!!

General water gun discussion.
BigBrother

Help me identify this water gun!!

Post by BigBrother » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:54 pm

Hey all- so I've started going down memory lane and am trying for the life of me to remember this brand of water gun...

Here goes-

They were electric, probably out around 87-88, before Super Soakers. They were modeled after semi-real guns, but, here's the trick, they were in all these fluorescent patterns, like green/pink tiger stripes. One was called the Bushwacker, I'm nearly certain. The patterns on them kind of resembled those on various fishing lures- really bright, day glow colors but in speckled patterns, stripes, etc. I think they were pretty high end for the time, and I don't think they were Entertech (not sure). Perhaps "Hot Shots"?

Thoughts? Pics?

Thanks!

Silence

Re: Help me identify this water gun!!

Post by Silence » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:40 pm

Welcome to the forums, BigBrother!

Unfortunately, most water gun enthusiasts are too young to remember the old, electric water guns. I have read about at least one other manufacturer whose name is on the tip of my tongue. I don't see any companies of note at the iSoaker.com history page besides Larami and even Daisy (which sells BB guns).

You could try asking the webmaster of iSoaker.com if nobody here has any insight. Good luck! :)

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:29 am

hehe
I already got BigBrother's question in an email. I'm wondering whether it could have been an Entertech recoloured AK Centerfire or recoloured Larami Uzi (or a knock-off thereof). The best place to find pictures of old water blasters is the The Digital Watergun Museum

Other than that, while I have a memory of seeing those in toy stores, I cannot recall specifics.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

BigBrother

Post by BigBrother » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:56 am

Yeah, I already sent the guy an email. Here's to hopin'!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:02 am

The webmaster of the Digital Watergun Museum doesn't check his email there from what I can gather. I emailed him at least once asking for a link to my website and I never got a response.

Is it any of the guns in the attachment?
Attachments
battery.jpg

BigBrother

Post by BigBrother » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Oh man that's them!!! Now I just have to find the specific one I'm looking for- it had a curved magazine, and was either yellow and red striped, yellow and green, or green and pink. The hunt continues!

Do you know who the manufacturer is??

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:36 pm

I don't know the manufacturer off hand, but I'll ask around and I might be able to figure it out. From what I know it was licensed by Talk To Me Programs Inc., but I don't know anything specific about the manufacturer or if Talk To Me manufactured them.
Last edited by SSCBen on Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigBrother

Post by BigBrother » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:14 pm

Thanks, that'd be awesome!!!

groverton

Post by groverton » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:43 pm

BigBrother wrote:Hey all- so I've started going down memory lane and am trying for the life of me to remember this brand of water gun...

Here goes-

They were electric, probably out around 87-88, before Super Soakers. They were modeled after semi-real guns, but, here's the trick, they were in all these fluorescent patterns, like green/pink tiger stripes. One was called the Bushwacker, I'm nearly certain. The patterns on them kind of resembled those on various fishing lures- really bright, day glow colors but in speckled patterns, stripes, etc. I think they were pretty high end for the time, and I don't think they were Entertech (not sure). Perhaps "Hot Shots"?

Thoughts? Pics?

Thanks!

hey man

I know EXACTLY what gun you are talking about.
it is more of a hybrid gun where as it looks like an automatic but has a shotgun feel to it as well.

The gun itself is completely orange.
the nozzle is orange
the sight (before the nozel) is yellow
the hand pump with the finger grooves is black, and on the handle there is painted black as well.
The magazine is removable, curves and yellow, with a yellow release button for the mag, with a black tube for the water.
Also there were green paint splashes across the gun.

I also had a small yellow beretta with blue paint splashes which had a black clip and black battery cover

again I cant recall the name of it..

BigBrother

Post by BigBrother » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:21 am

groverton wrote:hey man

I know EXACTLY what gun you are talking about.
it is more of a hybrid gun where as it looks like an automatic but has a shotgun feel to it as well.

The gun itself is completely orange.
the nozzle is orange
the sight (before the nozel) is yellow
the hand pump with the finger grooves is black, and on the handle there is painted black as well.
The magazine is removable, curves and yellow, with a yellow release button for the mag, with a black tube for the water.
Also there were green paint splashes across the gun.

I also had a small yellow beretta with blue paint splashes which had a black clip and black battery cover

again I cant recall the name of it..

I just came back here after a while- this is it!!! the orange with green stripes, and pump shotgun feel (but with a magazine!!) this is totally it!! Anyone know any more???

EDIT- I just looked at groverton's other post here, on a thread I posted on as well a while back:

http://forums.sscentral.org/t4223/2.html#post46891

AND THIS IS IT!! This person was looking for the exact same gun as me and they found it!! That's it!!
Last edited by BigBrother on Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.