General water gun discussion.
Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:08 am

Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:52 pm

There is a Nerf gun called the Manta Ray, but it actually does look like what it's called.
I want to take my newly made 27000 and blast a hole through the design team of this years soakers. Theses are terrible from the looks of it. They don't even look like Super Soakers! They're scarring the SS name!
Well, actually, look at the pics. I can't find the new, 2003 or old SS logo on any of those guns. They also look like they can be easily modded, they lack pump caps, so possibly they can suck all they want until we get them open, but thats if were lucky.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Thu Jan 01, 2004 5:41 pm

who knows. maybe they're cps-based? but by the looks of that last page, they might be putting the monster series back on the market this year, as well as the splashfire. they would have removed the monsters from the page if they weren't planning to make them again but still add the splashfire.

EDIT: well, it looks like the helix won't be soooo bad. it's rifled! literally! "spinning streams of water" rifling is the only way to do that. at least theres a chance we'll get something good out of this. if it has a separate p/c we can XPS mod them.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:33 pm

well now we see by there priceing what there whorth at least they put the monsters back on the market.....other then that where scewed....
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:35 pm

all I have to say is *spear parts any one?* some of them ant even worth being moded
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:18 pm

http://www.sscentral.net/jokes/balls.html
It's based on RAK's Monster Bucket, but it's funnier.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:06 pm

should that REALLY be on the main boards?
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:27 am

Some models are really bad, and some look good. I will probably buy SUPER SOAKER TRIPLE AGGRESSOR and SUPER SOAKER HELIX since they have an interesting design and quality. Perhaps SUPER SOAKER VAPORIZER to if it does have a 2X nozzle, since I actually like Piston Soakers. As for the performance, I first have to test them before coming to any conclusions.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 02, 2004 12:08 pm

Originally posted by neobird@Jan 1 2004, 05:06 PM
should that REALLY be on the main boards?
If they don't get it, they don't get it. It doesn't even explain what it is, so I think it's ok.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:46 pm

Originally posted by neobird@Jan 1 2004, 12:41 PM
who knows. maybe they're cps-based? but by the looks of that last page, they might be putting the monster series back on the market this year, as well as the splashfire. they would have removed the monsters from the page if they weren't planning to make them again but still add the splashfire.

EDIT: well, it looks like the helix won't be soooo bad. it's rifled! literally! "spinning streams of water" rifling is the only way to do that. at least theres a chance we'll get something good out of this. if it has a separate p/c we can XPS mod them.
Neobird, the monsters and splashfies were always back there last year,so I dunno. :unsure: I can let my enemy get a hold of such powerful weaponry. Oh well.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:50 pm

Don't you mean can't let your enemy? I'm confused.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:41 pm

I really like how the Helix looks. I think I'll buy one, but I'll mod it extremely. Expect XPS(if it's an XP), nozzle changes, check valve freeze and more.
Actually, I think these soakers may be worth buying if they have a good pump seal, I've heard that the 2002 soakers had a good seal, and these 2004s are better than the 2003s. Mostly for the seal, because ever since I K modded, my 2700's seal has been terrible. A better seal equals a better soaker.

ice

Post by ice » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:18 pm

Some of them look ok, but I dunno how they'll perform when somebody gets a hold of them. The Aqua Squirtz are terrible, what was Hasbro thinking putting an action figure on a water gun? <_< This Soaker Tag idea does seem to have potential, with making soaking more of a sport, but seems a ripoff as they can only be used once each....... :huh:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jan 02, 2004 11:55 pm

what was Hasbro thinking putting an action figure on a water gun?
They were thinking of 3 year olds. btw, Welcome to SSC!
I think that these new 2004 soakers will bring more people to online soakerdom than last year. It seems that Hasbro will be doing some interesting marketing this year, to market this soakertag XPBackfire-esque.

ice

Post by ice » Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:03 am

They were thinking of 3-year olds, but most soaker consumers these days are around 8, I'd say. I dunno if many mothers would let their 3-yr-old children to get soakers that could "Poke your eye out", even if they were tiny Squirt pistols. Soaker Tag seems to be quite a strategic move on Hasbro's behalf, as it may draw in more teens and adult as an alternative to paintball.