Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 10-05-2004, 03:37 AM   #16
Daedalus

UserID: 298

Doom do you mean people havn't been shaping the inside of the nozzle? I assumed it would just be common sense But good pickup.

I mean if your going to make a homemade its just a bit of silicon glue or water resistant putty and it'll be much better than a flat nozzles.

Dream soaker?

Well it would be very big and make people very wet I imagine something that looks a bit like the CPS2000 but with a bigger tank and a bigger PC.
Daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:52 PM   #17
Veteran

UserID: 69

Ooh! Ooh! I can do that to my APH!
Veteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:05 AM   #18
jiany98

UserID: 244

Well, I would like a base defence that would be better than the armordillo or stream machines, it would lhave a base like this:

and probably twin PCs the size of the CPS2000 mk2s, With a seperate sphereical(sp?) PC with a "secret strike function".

The creator of the universe works in mysterious ways. But he uses a base ten counting system and likes round numbers.
jiany98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 02:47 PM   #19
trekkie00

UserID: 213

Is that a rubber band machine gun? Where can you find those?
Old 10-09-2004, 09:23 AM   #20
jiany98

UserID: 244

Just do a google search next time, I did one and got http://www.backyardartillery.com/machinegun/

The creator of the universe works in mysterious ways. But he uses a base ten counting system and likes round numbers.
jiany98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 09:41 AM   #21
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1

Or you could have just looked at the URL of the image and figured everything out from there. :P

I used to make rubber band guns from K'Nex. I think I once made a nearly semi-auto gun, given you rotate the barrel. Fun stuff.

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 04:35 PM   #22
NiborDude
Retired Moderator

UserID: 131

The nozzle idea is good, but I tihnk it should look more like this.

The nozzles on the 4100 are like this. I drilled Dux's 4X on his 4100 so it didn't have that straight part in the front, and the shot goes nowhere. Kind of like a huge power shot instead of a nice steady stream.

Edit: Spelling

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci
NiborDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 05:07 PM   #23
Ben
Founder

I see what you're saying. Good idea. I suppose I'll be able to try this out eventually. The CPS 4100's nozzle is like this? How do you know?

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:25 PM   #24
NiborDude
Retired Moderator

UserID: 131

I have a 4100 and I just noticed I guess. It was really aperent when I drilled Dux's 4100. You could see that the nozzle just smooshed inward.

Edit: I took a look at the 4100 nozzle selector by taking it off. You can see easily from the back view of how it moves inward and then straight at the end. I'll get a pic and post it.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci
NiborDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 04:23 AM   #25
Dark Elite

UserID: 255

My dream soaker would probably be something with the power of the CPS2000, but the size of a 2100 with the 2500's nozzle selector and a backpack res. Can't think of a name for that, except the CPS2000-X.

In case anyone noticed I've been missing for over a month, our ISP screwed themselves over and we lost our connection for ages. Anyhow, I'm Back.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orange'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker!)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Dark Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:50 PM   #26
Elliott

UserID: 351

My dream soaker wouldn't be some hybrid of the 4100/2000 or whatever. Mine would just be the legendary CPS 2500
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 04:03 PM   #27
Xoth

UserID: 353

My dream soaker:

Name: CPS 5000

Featuring:
3 Large, interchangable tanks(kinda like the triple shot)
Tracked pump
Handle
Strong Strap
1x,5x,10x,20x, and 40x Nozzles
CPS Technology(of course )

I think that's about all I would want in a soaker.
Xoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:37 PM   #28
Xray
Builder of Soakers

UserID: 99

My dream soaker would (simple version) be extremely high air pressure (around 140 PSI) backpack soaker, and a rediculously large nozzle. I will mount my miniature air compressor to it, running off 10 Sub-C cells.

I already did the 'extremely high pressure' (120 PSI)part last year, but I don't have a valve that can handle the pressure & open/close quickly enough. Ball valves don't cut it...

For 120 PSI I used a full-metal garden hose nozzle, but it doesn't allow enough water through. I need a good nozzle that has a large cross section.

The nozzle I used allowed decent kickback, but I want more... any idea's that don't cost a fortune (butterfly valves are insanely expensive...)?
Xray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:30 PM   #29
Ben
Founder

I've made spring-loaded ball valves many times before (for a Nerf homemade). You might want to check that out if you're looking for a faster opening time. On a few, rubber bands were used if you're looking for a simpler method. B)

Spring-loaded ball valves might be worth some investigation now that I think of it...

Old 05-19-2005, 07:30 AM   #30
Shadow_Emu

UserID: 385
Cool

:Hey, that's funny.: XXCPS 777: A gun similar in design to the XXP 275 but with CPS tech,A second reservoir, bigger reservoirs, An Extra Nozzle, A firing system similar in design to the flash flood (1-3 pumps only needed), Shotgun style nozzles, Quick fill Device, I would want it to be a little longer to add to the intimidation factor, and finally, a laser scope to top it all off.
Oh and keep the strap.
Chaos Theory will undoubtedly play a part in the future of mankind.
&quot;I see you have the machine that goes PING!&quot;
&quot;Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?&quot;
&quot;What's next, another Kamikaze Watermelon?&quot;
Shadow_Emu is offline   Reply With Quote