Broken Pressure Gauge on an XP 310

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
strato_2r5

Broken Pressure Gauge on an XP 310

Post by strato_2r5 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:45 pm

My XP 310's pressure gauge won't work. Probably around 7-9 years old and it came with a 215 and a 220(or 240, I don't know). It pumps just fine, but when pressure gets high, I have to pull really hard on the trigger (still works though, not a problem). How do you fix the gauge?
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

zeda.beta

Re: Broken Pressure Gauge on an XP 310

Post by zeda.beta » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:06 am

It's probably nothing to do with the gauge, but actually in the trigger mechanism. The xp-310 uses ball valves, and with time, they tend to over rotate when they return to closed position. So the next time you try to fire, instead of pulling the trigger only halfway in, you have to pull it 3/4 of the way in.

Or maybe it's something entirely different.

If you can open the gun and post pics then we will be able to identify the problem for sure.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:07 am

You probably can't fix the gauge, but it doesn't really matter. Just pump until the PR kicks in.

I'm not sure what the trigger problem is. My CPS 2700 does that, although I think everyone's does.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:36 am

Zeda, I thought the XP's all had pull valves? I have never used a 310 though, so I might be wrong.
Your problem has nothing to do with the gauge. As long as the trigger valve seals fine, I wouldn't worry. If it is a major problem, lubing the valve pin will help.
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 am

Well, the trigger isn't a problem, it was like that when I first got it. So there's no way to fix the gauge?
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:59 am

What is wrong with the gauge? Does it just not indicate pressure? Or is it leaking?
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:08 am

soakernerd wrote:What is wrong with the gauge? Does it just not indicate pressure? Or is it leaking?
I don't know. It just doesn't move when I pump.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Repairing a gauge is difficult.

A gauge consist of a piston and a spring. The pressure of the water moves the piston in and contracts the spring. The more pressure the more contraction, and the valve is indicating: max pressure.

When the gauge does not move this means that the piston may be stuck. It can also be that there is a problem with the spring. Since the gauge is always a small side-pipe from the main water flow-pipe, you have to saw it off to get into it. There is no other way to get to it.

When repaired use a strong glue to get the whole thing together and seal^^
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:05 pm

The 310 uses a pull valve. For the gauge, you may have to buy one from the store and put it in, though that is unlikely (or very difficult) to turn out well. Most likely something got rusted or damaged inside the gauge.

That said, it's not that huge of a deal. It's still obvious whether or not the blaster is fully pressurized, and with experience, you'll come to be able to recognize how much water is being drained from the blaster while in use.

strato_2r5

Post by strato_2r5 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:17 pm

It's really not that big of a deal, it's just worth less if I decide to sell it.

UPDATE: I took a look at my 310 today (no pictures, sorry) and found that the arrow thing was loose and facing down. I think it was caused by over-pumping. >_< Oops.

Okay, I read something about not buying a mk II 310. How do I know if mine is mk l or mk ll
Last edited by strato_2r5 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.