Help !

General water gun discussion.
shaneboylan2010

Help !

Post by shaneboylan2010 » Mon May 24, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi! guys

im new here.
I have some pipe,chech valves,pipe elbows,blanks, bottles,a pump and some other small stuff. I also have some tools and i want to make a water gun out of all this stuff.
I would like some instruction to make a really powerful watergun with this stuff without using air compressors.

Maybe you could send me some diagrams or instruction and if there are other stuff i need just write that and i wont mind getting it if it is cheap.

I dont want to have to get lots of o rings or lots of washers
I just want my water gun
Cheap
Simple
Powerful.

zeda.beta

Re: Help !

Post by zeda.beta » Mon May 24, 2010 9:26 pm

Hereare the guides for APH's, and they are the simplest ones that you can make.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon May 24, 2010 9:40 pm

There isn't really a water gun the uses both an air compressor and check valves. For a seperate chamber (check valve) water gun, build an APH or CPH. For a water gun that uses an air compressor, try something like Rolland Tower's Ultimate Water Gun.

shaneboylan2010

Post by shaneboylan2010 » Tue May 25, 2010 6:56 pm

martianshark wrote:There isn't really a water gun the uses both an air compressor and check valves. For a seperate chamber (check valve) water gun, build an APH or CPH. For a water gun that uses an air compressor, try something like Rolland Tower's Ultimate Water Gun.
i siad no air compressor!!

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue May 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Oh, I thought you said you wanted a gun that uses an air compressor. In that case, build an APH or CPH.

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed May 26, 2010 5:27 pm

What sort of pump do you have?
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

shaneboylan2010

Post by shaneboylan2010 » Thu May 27, 2010 8:12 pm

cantab wrote:What sort of pump do you have?
i use a bicycle pump

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu May 27, 2010 9:16 pm

If you want to use a bicycle pump, you could still build something like Rolland Tower's Ultimate Water Gun if you want.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu May 27, 2010 11:12 pm

What will this water gun be used for? Are you merely building it for fun and need to limit your budget, or do you want something powerful that you can show off and maybe use for wars? There are many possibilities for designing water guns from the simplest to the big, complicated homemades with muitiple pressure chambers.

A bike pump powered water gun won't be able to store much water, otherwise if you give it a large pressure chamber, it will take a very long time to pump enough air in to use out all the water. For this reason, most prefer to build at least the APH or CPH. Look around the articles around the site to see these designs. If you need a suggestion on what kind of water gun to build, then tell us what it's going to be used for.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri May 28, 2010 3:35 pm

A bike pump moves air, so to use it you must make a pressurised reservoir blaster. As C-A 99 mentioned, there is a tradeoff - a bigger reservoir holds more water but takes longer to pressurise - but then it shoots for longer before needing repumping also.

The basic design is extremely simple. You have a pressure-rated container, with a water intake (screw cap or valve), a connection to the bike pump (there are schrader valves you can put in PVC), and a water outlet leading to a valve and nozzle. If you use a large enough firing valve and have a removable nozzle you can further simplify by filling through the firing valve.
Bear in mind the water outlet needs to be at the bottom, and it's probably best if the air inlet is at the top. You may find you get a more ergonomic design if you use an intake tube.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: