Max Infusion Overload

General water gun discussion.
Monsoon

Max Infusion Overload

Post by Monsoon » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:41 am

The 2006 Max Infusion Overload is actually quite a decent blaster for a newer blaster. Although the range/power is crap, that can be taken care of with priming the firing chamber before pumping, and I'm sure you can do a CVF or something to make it perform better. The blaster is easy to weild, and the backpack is light and comfortable to carry on your back. My favourite part of the blaster is the extremely short time it takes to pump it up. You can easily be pumped up and ready to shoot before any of your opponents. The backpack gives it more capacity than any of the newer blasters, with the exception of the Aquapack Devastator and Water Warriors Hydrapack. This blaster has potential though. Prehaps a CVF mod would boost its power so that the wide stream is actually useful (the wide stream on the Triple Shot goes farther than the wide stream on this!). Overall, I'm happy with this purchase. Then again, I'm not much into range, so look at the iSoaker review as well for a more balanced view of this blaster.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

dr_spock

Post by dr_spock » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:22 am

We have one too. It's not bad. It can go longer between refills. The range is shorter than say the Artic Shock. I could reuse the backpack on the new Artic Shock for extra range and water supply.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:05 pm

I thought the backpack of the Overload was actually large than the separate Aquapack you can buy for any of the Max Infusion series blasters. So if anything, you can use the Overload backpack with a different MI blaster (such as the Flash Flood)!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:13 am

What I would do is use the overload as a backup, something to use when they come closer, but then again, I haven't used one before. Has anyone tried the liquidator? Which one would (in your opinion) serve better as a backup pistol?

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:40 pm

If you have an MI:Flash Flood and bought the MI: Overload, I'd definitely recommend swapping the backpack to the FF and using the Overload blaster as a back-up pistol. The Overload's backpack is twice the size of the smaller Aquapack add on you can buy separately.

Comparing the Overload blaster to a Liquidator, I'd still say I prefer the Liquidator as it has a much nicer balance and longer firing time. The Overload has a separate PC and multiple nozzles, but if you do not prime the PC by pumping air in first, the power of the streams feel on the weaker side. As well, though the Overload has 3 nozzle selections, only the small stream and fan work well. The largest nozzle is severely underpowered from the small PC and would only work against a small moving target at rather close range. That's my opinion on these blasters, anyhow.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::