Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #16
JuchTurtles

UserID: 1928
Default Re: Advice on Good Team Weapons

Well, they match up, okay. I really was talking about the Renegade. If you went 2v1 on a CPS and Renegades, you could pull out the win. These things actually are decent, with the Renegade having a 3x output nozzle. They both do get about 40-45 feet of range (but on the lower side;around 42 is usually right).

I think 1v1 CPS versus Vindicator would be a good match-up.
JuchTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:26 PM   #17
zeda.beta

UserID: 1825

Yeah, CPS vs Vindicator is a good matchup. The vindicator has shot time and output depending on the nozzle selected, while a CPS has great output and are easy to use. But my Equalizer has about a 1-2x nozzle, not what I want to be using against a CPS. Maybe 3 Equalizers vs 1 CPS would be a fair fight, depending on how skilled the CPS user is.
-Zeda
Old 03-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #18
JuchTurtles

UserID: 1928

I think those are nice for grunts. The Renegade is awesome for grunts in my opinion. I wonder how the Vanquisher's gonna be. Maybe it's a good grunt weapon, too.
JuchTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:15 AM   #19
ncog
nito

UserID: 1981

In my experience the Renegade has too mediocre of a range to be very useful, I'd probably almost recommend an Equilizer or Pulse Blaster over it due to their comparative (or better, in the case of the Equilizer) ranges and compactness....The Pulse Blaster (mark 2) also has an excellent 1:1 pump-tap ratio which makes it a great all-round combat weapon (definitely one of the best WW soakers recently).

I attached a strap to one of my Pulse Blasters and used it as a secondary with a Flash Flood in a team game a while back which worked great; I only used the flash nozzle on the FF then would use the Pulse Blaster as a backup until I got a chance to pump up the FF again. It was perfect as with the pump-tap ratio of the Pulse Blaster I would only run out of water when the reservoir ran dry as long as I used tap shots....The Pulse Blaster is highly underrated imo.

Just make sure you get the mark 2 Pulse Blaster which doesn't have the three holes in the trigger piece, it corrects the issues of the mark 1 (lagging trigger valve, pump catching on pump shaft casing) and basically makes it super turbo awesome.
ncog is offline   Reply With Quote