Cps 2100 Problems

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:25 am

A CPS 2100 im working on is acting strange. When you pump it, it shoots. Ive opened it up and everything seems normal. Any suggestions? I have no idea why its acting this way. :unsure:

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:54 am

A lot of soakers have this issue, especially after a year or two of use. Your firing Valve may be slighty open, open fully, or your trigger is not pulling back far enough. Locate the lever near the firing valve and see if it is getting pulled back far enough. I think your issue may lie within the rod. It is possibly not pulling it back far enough. Lemme dig up and article to help you out....

King Soaker

Post by King Soaker » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:55 am

Check to see that the spring and the two little plastic spacers are behind the valve, and the spring is putting pressure against the valve when there is no pressure on the trigger.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The "S" stands for SUPER Soaker!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:08 am

Everything works well, The trigger and everything is fine. I thought I found the problem with pulling the trigger farther but that didn't help so im not sure.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:12 am

Originally posted by nibordude@Jun 26 2004, 12:08 AM
Everything works well, The trigger and everything is fine. I thought I found the problem with pulling the trigger farther but that didn't help so im not sure.
Hm ok.. then the valve must not be closing fully shut. You will need to make the rod shorter, but I am not 110% sure. Ask Doomsoaker on what to do, that is your best bet.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:27 am

This happened to my 1200. That was a few months ago when I was a fudgeed up little prick, and didn't know anything about soakers. Even though my fix worked, it only lasted a few days.
The rod that connected to teh trigger valve was slipping, and not pulling back on the trigger valve. I fixed this by chocking the rod up, and hotglueing it to the trigger vavle. Hot glue eventually slips too. I would sugjest either doing the same thing with epoxy, or making a new one from a clothes hanger so that it pulls back on the trigger valve when the trigger is depressed. I think about 3/4 of the origional.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:43 pm

This happened (or is happening :blink: ) with my Lightning. I found that if you just pull the trigger foward every time after I shoot, it works just fine. B)

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:23 am

I think there's something wrong in the internals. I'm still messing with it.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:59 pm

I can't believe I didn't see this topic. This image will tell you how to fix it. You just need to add a spring to close the valve.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:09 am

Oh, Thanks Doom! I was wondering if you saw the topic. Anyway, thanks again.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:48 pm

I wish I knew that, that could've saved my Max-D 6000. :(
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:34 pm

I tried that repair and it didn't work. I think that that part of the trigger doesn't go far enough back into the firing peice. I'm going to try hammering it further into the chamber or whatever that part is called.

blaze

Post by blaze » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:24 pm

I don't know if this will help, but when I modded my 2100, I had the same problem. When I pumped, water would shoot out. However, when I put my finger over the nozzle and pumped a few times and let go, only a bit of pressure came out and the rest was contained. This happens occaisonally and when it does I simply use my method and it is easily fixed for a while. It's not hard or anything or bothering since it takes so little time to fix. 10 seconds max.

King Soaker

Post by King Soaker » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:13 am

I've found that the firing valve rod seems to stick after a lot of use. Try working some vaseline in around the trigger valve. On my CPS 2000, I opened the valve up and cleaned any mineral deposits off the rubber seal, and the plastic part where it seals. I also coated all the surfaces with a little vaseline. Put it back together, and it works like new. If your city water supply has a lot of minerals, this could be the problem.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The "S" stands for SUPER Soaker!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:34 am

Thanks, ill try that. We probably have a lot of minerals, but this cps 2100 is only a week old or so. I think its just a more recent version that was not made with the best of care.

Edit: grammar