PC size VS. reservoir size

General water gun discussion.

Which is more responsible for getting more shots?

the size of the pc as I say
43%
the size of the reservoir only as Blaze says
57%
I have no idea
No votes

Total votes: 7

DX

Post by DX » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:28 pm

Ok, Blaze and I have to settle this old argument once and for all. A 21K gets more shots than a normal gun. Blaze thinks it is not possible to get crazy amounts of shots due to the reservoir size not changing. However I think it is the pc size that gives you more shots, the reservoir size matters not because the gun has been modded. My mark 1 21K got 16 shots per tank, like it or not, if it still worked I would show anyone who wants visual proof.

Here is Blaze's post from the STF:
Oh and one more thing, I am totally sick of Dux and Nibor (especially Dux) saying that the 21K is great because it has a lot of shots. IT PUTS OUT THE SAME FRIGGIN 68 OZ OF WATER IN THE RESERVE ITS JUST THAT YOU'RE PUMPING LESS FOR EACH SHOT! SHUT UP!

And while I'm on that subject, I would like to point out that PC size really doesn't matter. The reserve size does. Small PC=more shots, less shot time, less pumps. Large PC=less shots, more shot time, more pumps. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. I would say they are about equal.
I think he is wrong saying that the pc size doesn't matter, but someone here may know the exact details. [aka Doom] ;)

<EDIT> and I know that you are still using the same amount of water, the issue is the way the water is used.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:49 pm

I'm going to have to fold on this one, I mean, duh', of course reservoir size makes a difference, However, You aren't actually increasing the inner diameter of the PC. You are just making [The PC] have more tension.

So, tecnically, you are still using the same amount of water as a stock gun!
I don't check this forum anymore.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:58 pm

Duh its the reservoir! Its not like the PC is suppling the water. How could it possibly be responsible for the number of shots? More water more shots.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hyperion330

Post by Hyperion330 » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:36 am

Null Vote. Both of you are correct, in that your supporting your own reason. Both of you are wrong in that you don't believe the other's reason. A smaller PC will allow for more shots and less pumps, but each shot will be shorter. A larger reservoir will allow for more shots, but will still have the same amount of pumps per shot and the shot time will be the same.

Now, I think this big argument is a misunderstanding. I believe that Blaze thought that Duxburian was talking about total shot time (amount of water used as a whole and how long it takes). Since the reservoir size remains unchanged, the total shot time should be the same (without factoring in output).

Twelve year olds hold the answers to all problems, with not-too-bad grammar! B)

EDIT: SSC is a better place with RacerSoaker. He's (for the sake of being politically correct) almost never wrong.
"You ain't tellin' nobody nothin'." - Dexter Colt

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:02 am

This topic is flawed. The reservoir is the clear answer for more water per tank, but the PC is the clear answer if you want shots per tank. Therefore, this whole topic is dysfunctional. If you want to make a topic asking "Which do you think is more important: PC or Res. Capacity?" then by all means, go for it. But the wording of the question is too vague and... stupid. Err...
At any rate...
**DEL-TEATED!**
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.