Arrrr

General water gun discussion.
DASROACH

Arrrr

Post by DASROACH » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:19 pm

Arrrrr, Captain Roach here,
I just found this site and I am excited. I'm looking for mondo watergun!!! Gas powered? Needed for water wars while rafting Deschuttes river, Oregon.

cantab

Re: Arrrr

Post by cantab » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:14 pm

There's a Youtube video of a petrol powered water gun, but I don't know too much about it. An engine on a raft doesn't sound like the best of ideas.

Most homemade designs should work well with an intake hose just dropped into the river. Beware of dirt though.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:37 pm

http://forums.sscentral.org/t4126/

That's what you're looking for. Pretty crazy, and I don't think you can turn it on and off rapidly.

If that's out of the question, go with cantab's suggestion. Create a custom designed APH or CPH specifically for the boat. Mounted piston guns may work too, but are generally less capable than pressurized weaponry. If you can get a foot pump to work on pumping water, that would work pretty well. In either case, you will need the intake tube dropped in the water as cantab said. A screen may help filter out dirt.

Ideally, a gas powered water gun would also be able to use the gas to pump water, perhaps use the remains of extra pressure buildup (after shooting it's payload) to operate such a pump. Otherwise, the extra pressure is wasted in order to allow the pressure chamber to fill back up. However, gas would work very well for water balloon launchers, especially if you can create an advanced loading system. (i.e. semi or full auto loading; very difficult to do with water balloons)

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:54 pm

I'm assuming by 'gas' DASROACH means petrol/gasoline, not compressed gas. Even a small engine (like from a garden tool) should be able to power a pump directly. No pressure chamber involved.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

adronl

Post by adronl » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:18 am