Water Attractors

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Silence

Water Attractors

Post by Silence » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:55 pm

There's a PCWorld blog by Steve Bass on Water Attractors. It's a neat little "game" that proves a little entertaining for some random reason. Not very relevant to this site, but since it's related in the fact that it deals with water, I decided that I might as well post the link anyway.

You know, I can't believe he gets paid to search the web for little things like that. It is pretty nifty though--life would be so much harder without those regular blogs. wink.gif

The site didn't work for me in Firefox. I did a ton of Macromedia/Adobe Flash plugin tweaking, and I uninstalled IrfanView which had claimed the file type, but it still didn't work--I ended up using IEView. Funny how Bass doesn't want to admit that he uses IE--he always refers to "my browser."

I suppose this thread could also go under Gaming or Internet...

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:58 pm

Eh, definately not under gaming... I also got it to work just fine on firefox.
Last edited by C-A_99 on Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

20quid

Post by 20quid » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:43 pm

that game gave me an idea. I know theyre not actual water attractors but I'm sure there would be a way to design a water deflector that is probably too expensive and not very practical. I was thinking of using some form body armour to deflect a stream of water just like a ballon does using static electricity.
I was thinking maybe an electro magnet could do a similar job. I may look into it further but it was just a side thought relating water wars to this game.
"The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea that there aren't any space aliens. We can't be the best that creation has to offer. I pray we're not all there is. If so, we're in big trouble."-Ellen DeGeneres

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:25 am

That actually sounds really, really interesting. If you plan to investigate that further, I'm interested. Good luck!