Memorial Day Weekend

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri May 27, 2005 8:15 pm

As we in the United States approach Memorial Day, I invite both Americans and otherwise to join me in remembering and thanking all those who have died to keep us free. Those brave enough to protect our democracy with their lives ironically seem the least of those among us who deserve to lose their lives. But we must maintain that they have not died in vain. We are fortunate enough to live in such a great time. People are living longer than ever, the world is at relative peace, and we are lucky enough to live in one/some of the most fortunate country/ies on Earth. Please remember the fallen heroes who gave their life to helped to preserve us our nation(s), free and democratic.

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord,
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored,
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of his terrible swift sword!
His truth is marching on!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
His truth is marching on!
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

rock force6

Post by rock force6 » Mon May 30, 2005 1:19 am

I'm sad that this didn't get more replies. My dad is a retired (Not really, once a Ranger always a Ranger) Airborne Ranger so Memorial Day is huge in our house. I give great thanks to those who have served and died for us. You're all great people.

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Mon May 30, 2005 3:11 am

The fallen of world war 2