Original Ss300 On Ebay!

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
RecklessAssault

Post by RecklessAssault » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:48 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 68950&rd=1

Saw this one while looking for a backpack soaker... Ironically enough I was talking to Doom about finding a soaker like this, and just after he went offline, I found it.

Spinner made a good point, so I retract my previous statement here. Obviously I hope I win this auction, but considering the rarity factor it was a little selfish of me to ask you guys not to bid on this. If any of you do bid on it, good luck, and I'll be willing to bid quite a bit to get a hold of this one.

Aaron

(EDIT: Spinner, your point was well-taken.)
<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='color:red'>I bought a box of lady fingers at the local bakery this morning, but when I got home I noticed that one of 'em was missing. I decided to take the box back to the bakery and show the manager. He gave me the finger. (adapted from a joke by Jay London)

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:21 pm

The thing is, these things (as you know) are very rare. I'm not convinced it's fair to ask others to abstain from bidding on such a rare object. I can understand it for more common ones (like CPS 2100s), but for ones like this, I'm not sure...

However, I don't think I'll be bidding on it somehow, living in the UK... ;)
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:49 am

Hee Hee, I'ts in Doom's home state. :Hey, that's funny.:

The shipping on that (EDIT:for him) would be like, $0.02 :blink:

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 24, 2004 12:10 pm

Actually the cheapest was like $4.50, but I would have taken the slightly more expensive $6 shipping to get it to me earlier. It doesn't matter because I'm not getting it anyway.

RecklessAssault

Post by RecklessAssault » Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:57 pm

I noticed that it was in Maryland, I was wondering how close that was to ya Doom. Thanks to the fact that it's not in a box and it's fairly light, shipping is niiiiiiiice and cheap on this baby. Therefore I can bid a little more than I could if I were trying to get, say, a NIB CPS3200, because shipping on those is almost always $25.

Speaking of NIB, any ideas what a NIB SS300 would bring (if one still exists)?

Aaron
<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='color:red'>I bought a box of lady fingers at the local bakery this morning, but when I got home I noticed that one of 'em was missing. I decided to take the box back to the bakery and show the manager. He gave me the finger. (adapted from a joke by Jay London)

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:03 am

Sorry Aaron, I have over $100 and that thing is MINE. I've wanted one since day 1.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:07 am

This auction is 30 miles from Sykesville, a good 15-30 minutes outside of my old hometown. ^_^

RecklessAssault

Post by RecklessAssault » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:05 am

Drewsky, you leave me with an interesting dilemma... I could go frugal, let you get the 300, and wait for a cheaper (but much less cool) CPS3200. On the other hand I could flash the cash and run the risk of my parents giving me a lecture on wasting my money. Is owning one of the coolest Super Soakers ever made worth handing out more than a Franklin to me? My decision will be known in approximately four days and one hour...

Aaron

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:46 pm

Did my dad just say he would pich it $50 more if I really wanted it? I think he did.

RecklessAssault

Post by RecklessAssault » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:47 pm

If push comes to shove, I might have to bring out the Franklin twins... they've been trying to light a fire in my wallet anyway.

Now Drew, isn't this much more fun than having an actual bidding war on eBay?

Aaron

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:04 am

I purchased my SS 300 from a garage sale for a mere 5 bucks. ^_^

...or was that my XP-300? I can't remember...
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

RecklessAssault

Post by RecklessAssault » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:21 am

Soakologist, how long ago did you buy it? If it was within the past two or three years, I'll call you before I take a trip to Vegas, because you're lucky.

Aaron

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:57 am

If push comes to shove, I might have to bring out the Franklin twins... they've been trying to light a fire in my wallet anyway.

Now Drew, isn't this much more fun than having an actual bidding war on eBay?
It really is! But, back on topic. I'd really like that water gun, but chances are, you have more money than I have. I do not admit defeat, but am saying I will try my hardest to win it. (translation: I wish you would back off, because I really want this gun. Please?)

Oh, and my dad says he has plenty of franklins, and don't get lost on your way to the ATM. :Hey, that's funny.:

RecklessAssault

Post by RecklessAssault » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:30 am

Well, I just got outbid on it (I'm assuming by Drewsky), so I'm done with it. If that was you, Drewsky, congratulations, you're going to get one helluva Super Soaker.

Aaron

Drewsky92

Post by Drewsky92 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:41 am

Hmm, that wasn't me.