I Need A Weapon.

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:11 pm

I am having so much trouble chooseing a weapon, I am pretty much getting a hydroblade and a vapourizer. Is that a good choice for a weapon? It works well, I think.

Tell me what kind of weapon I should get. I need the help on choosing one.
"If war is what your looking for, I know where you can find it... ya go to the corner of May St. and go inside Wars R Us."
-me

"A country cannot simultaneously prepare and prevent war."
-Albert Einstein

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" -Gandhi

Armory= Blazer, Vaporizer, 2003

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:37 pm

Don't get those. All the 2004 line is terrible. I would suggest making a homemade (the info now is on the site) or looking at the secondary market. Sports Authority has CPS 2100s, check them out for a very good and very moddable gun!

This also should have been posted in Trading. ;)

Topic moved.

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:14 pm

Originally posted by onlydecoppi1991@Jun 20 2004, 11:11 AM
I am having so much trouble chooseing a weapon, I am pretty much getting a hydroblade and a vapourizer. Is that a good choice for a weapon? It works well, I think.

Tell me what kind of weapon I should get. I need the help on choosing one.
Sometimes the first impression can last a long time. You don't want your first impression of a soaker to be a Hydroblade, which lets face it have SS50 tech with only the tank for pressure. And you might want to get a Blastmaster 660 instead of the Vaporizer, if you are short on cash.

Ebay has sometimes good deals.

blaze

Post by blaze » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:34 pm

Yeah I know what you mean, DA. I'm lucky though, my first impression of a soaker was the Cps 2000.

I would reccomend two guns that are easy to find: Cps 2100 at The Sports Authority (go to their site to find the store nearest you) for $7.49, and the Cps 4100 at Toys R Us or toysrus.com for $25. The better value is in the 2100 for $7.49, but the 4100 is more powerful, has a larger reserve, and is overall better. But if you can find a 2100 for that cheap price of $7.49, by all means, get one. Hasbro HQ, get two!

I would not reccomend eBay for anything as its prices are WAY too high. I paid $35 including shipping for my Blazer, and 8.16 including tax for my 2100 which is WAY more powerful.

onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:35 am

I know the vaporizer is a lot better than the Hydroblade, so ill get like 2 or three of em, on as a primary one as secondary, and maybe one as a water supplier.
"If war is what your looking for, I know where you can find it... ya go to the corner of May St. and go inside Wars R Us."
-me

-Albert Einstein

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" -Gandhi

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:25 pm

You don't want your first impression of a soaker to be a Hydroblade
Mine was an XP 70, which actually turns out to be on a higher tech than the HB! :Hey, that's funny.:

I wouldn't get the Vaporizer. It's not a very good piston, only a good backup for it's price. Compare it to the Blastmaster or the ZX-1000 and you'll know what I'm saying. I would get the CPS 2100 from Sports Authority if you can find one.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:35 pm

Same here Doom, but my first impression was an XP 75!
I don't check this forum anymore.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:49 pm

a while back I would have said to rush to ebay, but that market seems to be dwindling, due to price reasons. personally, we don't have sports authorities around here.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:56 pm

there are no sports athorities around here.

but what 2004 model is the best?

im pretty sure its the vaporizer.

I went to ss.com and I looked at the guns. It seems the vaporizer is a really good one, but it doesn't tell you the range. Does anyone know the range of the vaporizer?

thanks in advance.
-me

-Albert Einstein

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:12 pm

Don't trust SS.com's reviews! That's an official site, do you think they are going to tell you that it's not a good gun? Of course not, they want you to buy their stuff.

It's range is about 33 feet according to iSoaker.com. That's ok for a piston of it's nozzle size, I've seen better though. This Jet Stream (that's what it's called) gun a friend of my little brother owns has better range than the Vaporizer and a similar nozzle size. I have no idea where to get it though.

I would stay away from the 2004 guns. Why don't you get what we're saying, we know what we're talking about. Go the Sports Authority and get a CPS 2100, pretty much every Sports Authority has CPS 2100s, and they are a much better gun than the Vaporizer. The Vaporizer is best as a backup gun, that's it.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:15 pm

But he said:
there are no sports athorities around here.
Is there a Toys R Us around? They might have some CPS 4100's there.
I don't check this forum anymore.

onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:16 pm

Quick thing.

I know exactly what you people are saying!
I have areas that used to sell those guns, but most of 'em are empty, no restocks!
Kappot, ziltch, notta.

Sorry about that but im getting my point straight, those guns are rare near me. I'm asking what the best 2004 model is because its the only one in my area that has a good stock.

I would by those if I they had em around here. I'm sorry if that was harsh.
-me

-Albert Einstein

onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:19 pm

sorry for the double post. Very sorry.

No there is no toys r us around me. My dad won't drive me anywhere, so I can only bike. And my moms like Don't leave anywhere past... and so on. So I can't leave a certain area.

sorry for the double post. Very sorry.
-me

-Albert Einstein

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:19 pm

If you can find a K-mart, get a Blazer or a Pirahna. The Blazer is better with a twice as large PC.

You also could make your own, look at the homemades section for more info.

Edit: About the double post, you could have edited it in, as the Board Guidelines say all members have an edit button.

onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:23 pm

They closed K-mart about 5 years ago.

Thanks for all your info people. It helps a lot.
-me

-Albert Einstein