Simple water pistol using bike inner tube

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
unigamer

Simple water pistol using bike inner tube

Post by unigamer » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:06 pm

http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/7D5D8 ... /?ALLSTEPS

It uses a bike inner tube and hose clamp on one end and the other end tied off.

I apologise if this doesn't belong here but I thought it was neat and people might like to see it.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:03 pm

Nobody minds if you're just adding to the general knowledge...so sure, it's fine.

Unfortunately, though, I'm not too impressed. First of all, the contraption isn't much of a pistol--it's like some weird, long, and flexible weapon, but that isn't too bad. Second, I seriously doubt the range they suggested; watering the other side of the yard? I understand that there are yards no wider than the range seen in the picture, but it's still partly fraudulent to even advertise this as a high-range weapon. Also, how would one actually turn the stream on and off?

I would just go with a good homemade soaker. They are much more powerful, much more conventional, allow for different types of streams, can have a stream on or off, they can be nearly as cheap, etc.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:29 pm

Neat link. I'm looking at the rest of this website right now. Very interesting.

Obviously, this design is completely surpassable. Replace the bike inner tube with some LRT and make a few other improvements such as a nozzle and you'll have a much better water gun. A few layers of bike tubes wouldn't do so bad either, but I'm not too sure about how well you could keep a few layers under a tubing clamp.

Don't apologize either because this does belong here. ;)

Big Boss

Post by Big Boss » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:19 pm

Interesting... I don't know if I would use it as a weapon unless I was in a pinch, but for setting traps... or carrying to refill other guns? It has defenite use there. I much prefer being able to drape or sling an ammunition belt then have to carry a solid pack.