Middle names

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
joannaardway

Middle names

Post by joannaardway » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:04 pm

I have searched the off topic forum for a similar topic, and didn't find one, so here it is.

This topic is about middle names, and possibly, their meanings.

I am not asking anyone to post something that they don't want to, but (to me at least) finding out someone's middle name is quite interesting. (and your middle name is/are not going to give away your identity)

Obviously, I am posting my own middle name here. I am including the origin and meaning with it.

My full name is Joanna Rhiannon Ardway.

Rhiannon is a name of welsh origin, meaning "goddess". This being because my heritage is 1/8th welsh (on my mother's side).

So, if you want to tell me, what are your middle names?
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

dr_spock

Post by dr_spock » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:46 am

My middle name means God adds. I won't post it since I'm paranoid. I sleep with a loaded water gun next to my bed (to shoot the cats when they get into things they shouldn't have).

Looks like we have a god theme to our middle names.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:29 am

My middle name is my father's name - Michael. Likewise, my first name is my grandfather's name, but it has been made a little less foreign.

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:00 am

First - Nickolas, my great grandfather's name, almost. My great grandfather's name was Nicholas, but my mom thought it was with a k, so that ids how it is written on my birth certificate. I think the k looks better.

Middle - Robert, my grandfather's name. Nothing cool about it story wise.

Last - Winterbauer, a german last name. I think it means winter farmer, but I'm not entirely sure, and I don't know german (yet).

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:19 am

I have two middle names. Ones Jaydn (my parents were gonna call me that) and ones Alexis (my Dad's name).

DX

Post by DX » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:41 pm

My middle name is Lewis, which I also use as a fake first name when I meet someone new whom I don't trust. :rolleyes:

I was actually adopted at 3 months old, so I had an Asian name for the first 3 months of my life. I also have technically had 3 first names: Jung at first, then my parents decided on Elliot during the adoption process, then changed it to Robert when I was 6 months old. Good thing too, because IMO Rob is much better than Elliot. :p
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

WaTer FigHt NoOb

Post by WaTer FigHt NoOb » Sat Apr 22, 2006 3:00 pm

So whats the point in all of this middle name posting...

i guess it is in the off topic forum, But still different.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:56 pm

My middle name... I hate it with a passion. It is George, and I figure it has something to do with my French Canadian ancestory, I am half French Canadian, 25% Cherokee and 25% Irish. Multi-Hybrid :p

kylemw9

Post by kylemw9 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:42 am

my middle name is Michael.dad's idea my mom got to choose my first name.
Last edited by kylemw9 on Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:26 am

I presume you mean "My mum got to choose my first name"

With regards to my Forename - it's actually my mother's middle name....

And my twin's first name is my father's middle name - you would have thought that they could be more original.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

fradzap

Middle Name

Post by fradzap » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:55 pm

HI...

My middle name is Raynard, which is an Englasized form of a French word meaning fox. "Raynard, the Fox" is old children's story book.

I also use Fradzap as a made-up middle name sometimes.

Both our daughters (which I had the privilege of nameing) have 2 middle names.

Jan Michael Anne (Adams) Schuster

Darina Teresa Denise Adams

My wife's middle name is Anne

Ta Ta for now... :)

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:30 pm

Ray. That's my Mom's Dad's name. He died right before I was born...so that's probably why.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:01 am

Joseph, after my grandfather's first name and after my great-great grandfather's middle name.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.