Old CPS 2000. Fixable?

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Bogger612

Post by Bogger612 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:37 pm

While looking through this site, I kept seeing things about the CPS 2000, so I started going through my garage looking for the old one I got for my birthday a few years back. I found it, but it's not in the best condition. When I pump it, nothing happens. I'm thinking about trying to fix it over thanksgiving break, but I was just wondering if it was even worth trying.

thanks.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:44 pm

Definitely. The 2000 is considered one of the best super soakers ever made. The problem you have with pumping it might be an internall leak or crack. It also could mean your pump inside the soaker is no loner able to pull in water and push it into the PC. Open it up and try to find whats wrong. Then post back on what you found is wrong.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:37 pm

Moving to Tech Forums... ^_^ Good luck on the CPS 2000. Please tell us more about "nothign happens", your being too vague for me to tell whats wrong with the gun. Does the trigger not pull? no pressure while pumping? doesn't fire? it could be a multitude of things, please specify.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:38 am

Opening it up, describing the problem in greater detail and taking pictures can help us tell you how to repair your CPS 2000. At worst you always could replace the pump system with a homemade one. Should be cheaper than a completely new CPS 2000.