A Note To Hasbro...

Discussion of other water gun websites.
RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:05 pm

I sent this:

Dear Hasbro,

We at SSCentral (http://www.sscentral.net) and WaterWar.net (http://www.waterwar.net) are advanced soakists looking for more power in our guns, the new 2004 line is lacking what the older ones have. The age range of the people who want them are from 10 to 25 years old. And now we are thinking with these guns, you are aiming towards younger children. We would aprecciate bringing back CPS tech, as that is what made all of us get into this hobby.

All of us here think the 1998 line was the best ever year to buy, the CPS 1500 and 1200 were much greater than what we have now. Without CPS, we won't be happy.

There are people out there who only have soaking as they're only hobby, and want to make that experance better.

One last thing, The 2004 and 2003 grip's are not big enough :-)

Soak On,
RacerSoaker445 And all of us.

I have not gotten anything yet, I will post they're reply.

Soak On, ;)
Racer
I don't check this forum anymore.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:54 pm

Well, nice try, but since this has been done about 15 thousand times (I exaggerate slightly), and since iSoaker and some others have much higher Hasbro contacts, I am somewhat sceptical that this will meet with a better response.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:52 pm

Sorry if that was spam, I did not know that it has been done a lot.

I got this back:

Thank you for contacting Hasbro. Your question has been received. It has been forwarded to a Consumer Affairs Representative and will be answered in the order it was received. Our staff respond to inquiries from 8:00AM - 4:30PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.

You may also update this question by replying to this message. Because your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter your reply in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message will be discarded.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:00 pm

You'll get another email. That was just the automated email thing. I've emailed them one or two times. ;)

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:24 pm

Originally posted by DoomSoaker@Jun 2 2004, 02:00 PM
You'll get another email. That was just the automated email thing. I've emailed them one or two times. ;)
Ive emailed them quite a few time, they sent me an automated message thanking me to send the mail, and that it would be shared with the development team, thats a load of BULL. Apparantly letters are not enough.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:25 pm

I live 25 mins. away from Hasbro's headquaters in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, shall I start protesting? Hey, that's funny., just kidding.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:51 pm

Hey, that's funny. yeah, we should all go up there and surround the building with picket lines. To drive our point in, we should all then soak them with their own guns! :P
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:25 pm

Bring in modded guns and CPS 2000's!

"We want CPS! We want CPS!"

No, really. I think I'll be getting a response soon.

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:07 pm

I have two sides replying to what you're saying so I'll get them both out.

First side: I hate to break your bubble, Racer, but Hasbro honestly does not give a **** about what you and some other people think. They care about sales. If the soakers sell well because some retard 6 year old thinks that they look cool, they will make soakers like that. Give it up. The only awesome soakers Hasbro ever made were the CPS 4100 and the CPS 2100 (though I'm not really sure how awesome the 2100 is). Then they ruined everything and made it a little kids game.

Second side: Those retards at Hasbro that think they can get away with those piece of XPBackfire-esque Soakertag things are wrong. If we can get EVERYONE at SSCentral and WaterWars to send a few emails, they may realize that their soakers are bad. In the emails you may want to mention that you bought 7 two years ago and 12 the year before that (doesn't matter if you haven't, just say it) and that losing you as their customer would mean they lose a lot of money. If all the people (how many are there between these two sites by the way?) can send these emails, we could really **** Hasbro up!

So I Don't know which of my own sides to side with...I'm kinda confused.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:27 pm

First side:  I hate to break your bubble, Racer, but Hasbro honestly does not give a **** about what you and some other people think.
They actually do monitor both of these boards, its just they have not taken our opinions into development yet, They are aware we exist, just ask Isoaker yourself.
The only awesome soakers Hasbro ever made were the CPS 4100 and the CPS 2100
Hasbro has pushed out A TON of better soakers than the CPS 4100 and the CPS 2100, if you did your homework correctly. Some of them are the MonsterX, the CPS 3200 (Far better than the 4100) and lets not forget the MXL, which was brought into production after a hard year.
  Then they ruined everything and made it a little kids game.
If thats your opinion, they really have not ruined anything, they are just targeting a younger audience. They would mess up everything if they dropped super soaker al-together.
Those retards at Hasbro that think they can get away with those piece of XPBackfire-esque Soakertag things are wrong.
They actually can, and they have been with Cartoon Network promotions, etc and not to mention all the sold out SoakerTag pricetags at my local toy stores.
send these emails, we could really **** Hasbro up!
We Don't want to ruin hasbro, we want to persuade them to make better soakers. Are you saying you want to end super soakers? This is also an inappropriate comment.

Conclusion? They are listening to what we are saying, but it isn't getting fed through development yet, and they are targeting a younger audience to make more money, simple Marketing Tactics, nothing we can really do about it unless they want to make 1 or 2 good cannons for hardcore fans.

blaze

Post by blaze » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:38 pm

Ok Jadefalcon first off, wasnt the 3200 made by larami?

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:48 pm

Yes, it was made by Larami. Hasbro has been in partnership since 2002, and finally took complete control this year.
I could just see it, all the hasbro tech guys sneaking up on all the Larami guys working overtime, and knifing them. Thats definately how it happened.

If not we need to fin a way to contact the guys who used to be with Larami. Unless they all work for Hasbro. This is the seconed buisness they have ruined. They also destroyed wizards of the coast.

I beleive that the splashzooka was also a decent gun, as well as the Max-D 2000 for what it is.
The biggest thing is to just go with the flow. A couple hundred soaker fans arn't going to change Hasbro's eye on buisness.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:28 pm

Originally posted by BlueSmudge@Jun 3 2004, 12:48 AM
If not we need to fin a way to contact the guys who used to be with Larami. Unless they all work for Hasbro.
We already have. His WWN name is Big Bee, and he is the president of Buzz Bee Toys which makes the Water Warrior blasters. :huh:

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:22 pm

I would be on WWN, but I could never access the site after I registered. Very odd, then I found this.

I still haven't gotten anything back from Hasbro, It's all automatic.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:42 pm

Originally posted by RacerSoaker445@Jun 3 2004, 03:22 PM
I would be on WWN, but I could never access the site after I registered. Very odd, then I found this.
Do you get a 504 error? If so, so do I. After refreshing many times it eventually appears, and after that it's OK for the rest of my session.

As for if Hasbro reply, it'll probably be some time. Remember that they have many dissatisfied customers' emails to reply to. :Hey, that's funny.: