5 Years at SSCentral!

Discussion of other water gun websites.
DX

5 Years at SSCentral!

Post by DX » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:35 pm

My 5th anniversary of membership actually passed on the 4th, but I completely forgot about it. I was not quite 15 when I discovered the online community. I am now 20. Almost everything has changed, some negative, but mostly positive. If there were one thing I could change, it would have been to have people trust each other and to have worked together sharing a common love of the hobby. Sadly, that didn't happen. Power was more important than fighting water wars, and only long-term inactivity actually put an end to the problem. However, there is no point in dwelling in the past. Memory has terrible power of its own and one must learn to beat it. Only then may forward progress truly be made. Honestly, I have never before been ready to move on. I miss the old community and my old team. I miss actually fighting. I miss the freedom of childhood. 20 is kind of a grey zone where childhood and adulthood intersect. Some people are ready for it and some just aren't. I really hope this place is still here 5 years from now. No matter your age, water warfare NEVER grows old.

Soak on!
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Re: 5 Years at SSCentral!

Post by Silence » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:02 am

Congrats.

The community seems a lot more mature now, although it now has less active membership and momentum than it did in 2004.

MilkMan

Re: 5 Years at SSCentral!

Post by MilkMan » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:09 am

When you said 5 years I thought no, can't be...I was pretty shocked. I really thought it was less.

Mine will be coming soon. Looking back I'd never want to be my old self again. I'd love those years back of course...
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!