CPS 2100 Repair Help Needed

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
DJBrain

CPS 2100 Repair Help Needed

Post by DJBrain » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:42 pm

On the CPS 2100, I am having some major problems. The spray comes out in a bunch of drops instead of a pressurized stream. Also it takes tons of pumps just to have a half a second shot going about 5-10 feet. Extra pumping doesn't seem to help and the gun leaks badly. I am looking for a way to repair the gun to a state of being usable without trying to buy another one. Could it be a bladder problem? Please help.
Halo Rules Above the Rest!

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:49 pm

You basically answered your question right there...if there's no pressure and there's a ton of leaking, then the two elements must be involved, correct? I'm assuming there's a broken seal or another opening somewhere, such that whenever you pump, the little bit of force exerted by the bladder causes water to leak.

My suggestion: Don't do any more pumping for now. Then, open up the soaker (you'll have to at some point, so why not now?) and only then should you pump (slowly, though); note where the water leaks. If you can, give us some pictures of the internals, especially if there's an obvious opening or if the pictures let us see the leak. Epoxying the gap would work in most situations, but wait for our feedback before doing so.

I'm positive there's a leak whenever you pump, but I might be wrong...

DJBrain

Post by DJBrain » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:27 pm

I have tried to take it apart and have gotten about 14 out of the 16 screws out. One of the screws it turning easily and wobbling but just won't come out. The other doesn't get hooked at the end of the screwdriver, so it won't move at all. Also, for as much as I have taken it apart, it seems to be covered in water everywhere on the inside including the pump which I think might be broken. Any ideas for how to get the remaining screws out? :confused:

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:36 pm

A magnetic screwdriver or tweezers might be able to pull off the stubborn screw, because it has probably been unscrewed as it is. Try a different screwdriver head size for the other screw, but if the head is messed up, then that's a problem. If you do manage to get it out, replace the screw.

EDIT: You'll have to dry off the internals before you can see where the leak really is.
Last edited by Silence on Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJBrain

Trouble Ahead

Post by DJBrain » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:55 pm

I got the easy screw out, but just can't get the other one out. Also I can't seem to open certain parts even though there aren't any screws. Could the super soaker being wet stop it from opening. And are there any other ways to get hard screws out. :eek:

DX

Post by DX » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:48 pm

Correctly identifying the mark of the 2100 is important. There is a black plastic cap at the end of the pump shaft. Can you twist this at all, or is it glued on? Also, since I am suspecting a mark 2, does the back of the water tank have a seam or plastic rectangular ridges on it? Being wet has nothing to do with how easy a gun is to open.

For that last screw, if all else fails, just drill it out [you know, stick the drill in until it connects with the screw, then reverse direction and the screw should follow]. Missing one screw won't affect anything, in fact, my old 2100 has maybe half its screws left.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:10 pm

Two points:

It's easier to pump air in, and put the soaker underwater - that will pin point the leak easily.

Dynamite will get that screw out really easily.

If you want to maintain the soaker in a usable state, you can get screwheads that are designed to remove stubborn screws. I would replace them or leave them out.

If you want, drill the screw head off the screw, and pull firmly - it'll graunch a bit, but it should be fine.

Hey, soakers can survive with 30-50% of their original screws.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

DJBrain

Nozzle?

Post by DJBrain » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:33 pm

Does anyone know how to remove the nozzle? I tried twisting it but it didn't work. Also, once I get it open, I can post pics. :rolleyes:

Edit: I got the nozzle off. To do it, just take pliers and turn as hard as you can. It is glued down and breaks off easily. I do believe I will be able to glue it back on easily.Thanks for your help everyone, I got it back together! :D
Last edited by DJBrain on Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:22 am

I'm not certain that you need to remove the nozzle. Talk to Duxburian - he's opened dozens(?) of them
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston