Suggestions For New Rules

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:53 pm

I Think do not make duplicate accounts and do not change your IP address should be in the board guidelines. When those things happen issues arise fast [Blaze/spikey/that_other_guy] or [sniper/scout sniper]. Also, there should be no abusing staff power. Theres been more banning and R/O threats this week than any since I joined in Feb. combined.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:07 am

cough**Blaze and Hyper9**cough
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:57 pm

Cut back on ego. This was brought up somewheres else, and I have also noticed that people are letting their ego's loose and making a "status" for themselves on SSC. Thats not the point of SSC, and its a miracle that the forums work so smoothly, with little bickering. SSC does not have a forum for political/arguments, and I think it thrives without one. Don't change your member title to something that gives you an ego boost or post giving yourself a special "status". Nobody is "better" than anyone else here.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:01 pm

My member title isn't egotistical. It's sarcastic and that's it.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:27 am

I agree that people should have less ego. It's not all about you, you should make an image for yourself. There is no contest to win, no prizes handed out.

One of WWN's weaknesses IMO is the existance of the Discussion Arena. I think that it creates a more divided forum and that is why I do not participate much in it. I already have different thoughts about some members because of it. That's not right.

I've also been considering changing MemberPlus and SuperMembers to Senior Member. Senior Member will be the same as SuperMember permision wise. Some will not experience an upgrade, rather they will just go back to being a member because I don't think that they are ready for the Senior Member status. Senior Member I think will flow better than having MembersPlus and SuperMembers. Does anyone agree?

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:07 pm

I think that Senior member would work better for the top tier, but then the system is thrown off-balance. Its like having a country with only an upper and lower class.
Members who are not ready to be senior members, but show enough maturity should be recognized. Its [in my opinion] a tossup-could work out either way.
Poll time.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:59 am

the issue right now is, not ENOUGH people are membersplus (if that is to be the "middle class"), which should be the majority of participating forum members.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:15 am

Yes, I think memebers should be people with under like, 50 good posts. If that's the case, I should be a membersplus pretty soon. Hey, that's funny. :Hey, that's funny.:
BlueSoak.net

Burnerboy

Post by Burnerboy » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:09 pm

You should make a hole new system, like moderaters and admins are the Goverment, Those dudes who like live under the floorboards and have a billion possts are the High class, Then half a billion is Middle class, Then the people that just joined and are considered newbies, (which is not fair cause some of us have experience just have not considered the net as a meetting place before.) Also people who do not post at least once a month should be kicked out. These rules I have seen applied to other boards before, and they have thrived.

I geuss I am supposed to do this,

EDIT:SPellling on just about everything.
Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them your a mile away, and you have thier shoes-- someone.

Arsenal:
2x Cps 2100
1x Storm Typhoon force 2
1x Storm 650
1x Stream Machine

I dont have much but i dont use super soakers for my hobbie.

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:32 pm

That is terrible. What if you go on vacation for a month? Should you be kicked out? And this whole class thing is retarded. We're here to talk about water warfare, and this stupid high class, middle class, low class stuff would interfere with the purpose. As well, I think we have to many moderators for such a small forum. We should make the forums publically viewable again. That will cut back on inexperienced users(not newbs). The reason we had this "I am an inexperienced user." was because the forums were private, so they registered and then they started posting like crazy. Just look at BlueSmudge's post count. It's insane. I have been here since SSC started and I've been quite active and he still has more than 2X more posts than me! I say we make admins, mods, senior, normal and thats it.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

Burnerboy

Post by Burnerboy » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:36 pm

Well someone woke up on his sisters bed. <_<
Before you criticize someone walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you criticize them your a mile away, and you have thier shoes-- someone.

Arsenal:
2x Cps 2100
1x Storm Typhoon force 2
1x Storm 650
1x Stream Machine

I dont have much but i dont use super soakers for my hobbie.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:00 pm

I'll agree with that one, burnerboy. and smudge's post count is catching up to mine, I'm more than mildly afraid here.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:22 pm

Originally posted by BlueSmudge@Jun 3 2004, 04:07 PM
cough**Blaze and Hyper9**cough
A. Its *coughblazeandhyperninecough*
B. I Don't really know what to say about the threats....
C. I Think the senior member idea would be cool...
*coughalphabetagammaideadotdotdotcough*
D. I swore there already was a IP rule... Guess it wasnt offically made. Ill chat with people about it.
E. Also, total agree3ment on no duplicate accounts. Spikey/blaze/w/e still probably knew his pass, and still should have gotten in. If not, he culda AIMed doom or someone with his old AIM Name and he probably coulda been given his pass, if he forgot and he switched ISPs or someother email thing.
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:42 pm

Smudges post count is so insane it's going beat mine any second now... any second now...

I don't think the inexperienced user problem is too bad anymore. You just have to deal with them, they'll catch up. Most of us were like that a few years ago, we only have give them time and they'll be fine. I like the forums as they are now, it's developing a close-knit feeling like a family. That's good.

My main reason for considering the senior members was to create members who will be more respected and ones the new guys will be able to idolize and stuff. I never meant to make there be an upper, middle and lower class, that is only pointless.

USSA

Post by USSA » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:01 pm

IMHO you should remove the post count and the ratings... just wipe them off the face of the board... think about it what do the post counts do for us? Create division, make strange new rules? I believe that you should just wipe off all of our precious little stats and then if you reallllyyy want to know your post count you can do it the old fashioned way with a pen and paper.

Long story short - start again... doom award moderators if you see fit but otherwise no classes. We're here to discuss water warefare and NOT to create stupid divisions of who posts the most