4/5
67%
5/5
33%

Total votes: 3

JCSoaker

Unknown Water Phaser. (Moto Force)

Post by JCSoaker » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:00 am

Hey Guys, I found and bought this strange sci-fi phaser looking water gun which cost $12.98 called Moto Force in a store.
I couldn't find a picture on the internet as it didn't exist in any search results on most search engines. I don't even know if anyone in this community knows about it, but anyway I'll give a description below:

-It does not have a pump (AKA no pumping required)
-The gun is quite light easily carried in one hand
-The dimensions fit 9'-16'-3' but it's in a gun shape so it's about 2/3 the area.
-slightly large than the MAX D-3000 (I bought that gun as well.)
-It has a trigger with a comfortable grip
-It runs on 4 AA Batteries to power the flashing-spinning-phaser-generator to pump the water.
-It fires over 20 feet.
-The water stream size is somewhat larger in diameter than a $1 squirt gun.
-The SHOT TIME is about 100-110 seconds!!! - or until the water runs out.
(More than any gun I've seen on isoaker.com and kind of strange... just like a phaser.)

Tell me what you think about this secondary weapon.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:01 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central! :)

This sounds like yet another motorized water gun. These types of water guns were more popular in the 80s. Today, they have essentially vanished. Good job on finding one that's still being made. What store did you find it at? Could you get a picture too? Not too much is know about the motorized water guns aside from who invented them, their manufacuters, and their popularity.

JCSoaker

Post by JCSoaker » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:20 pm

Guess what? After heavy searching on the internet, the Google, Yahoo, etc serach engines still didn't turn up any results. My final guess was to visit the manufacturers corporate website imprinted on the motorized water gun itself, where I found a picture at last!

Here it is. The name was somehow changed to Hydro Blast X as the gun I bought was named Motoforce. Just a random fact relating to water guns... the company even sells motorized bumper boats that have motorized water guns...
This company is cool. Go check it out- (Banzai). I don't know if they are still producing the "Hydro Blast X" rapidly though. I only found a couple of them on the last remaining water gun shelves.

Image Designed for kids ---> Image
Last edited by JCSoaker on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armoury: Level III- (2) (going to have)Super Heavy Assualt homemades (2) Heavy Assualt CPS (Monster XL,etc)(3)Medium Assualt CPS (4100,etc)(4) Light Assualt CPS (1200, etc) (15) secondary weapons(Xp,MAXD,etc) (5) Extra Stuff

JCSoaker

Post by JCSoaker » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:49 pm

If anyone is knowledgable enough about motorized/specialized water guns, please tell me when I can obtain some. I am on a rampage in collecting high tech equipment and CPS guns.
Armoury: Level III- (2) (going to have)Super Heavy Assualt homemades (2) Heavy Assualt CPS (Monster XL,etc)(3)Medium Assualt CPS (4100,etc)(4) Light Assualt CPS (1200, etc) (15) secondary weapons(Xp,MAXD,etc) (5) Extra Stuff

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:41 pm

Welcome to the forums!

I saw some Bonzai guns in KMart, and this one was probably there. It does imitate real guns to a lesser extent than the '80s weapons, but this sounds similar. If you're interested in motorized weapons, the Tarantula and Scorpion, by Buzz Bee Toys, are powerful, larger ones.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:51 am

They had a bunch of those at my local Walmart the past years. I thought it was a sixflags blaster since it was shelfed next to them. From the looks it shoots around 30 feet and the nozzle is around 1X-2X. Nothing spectacular. Thing is, electronics and water doesn't mix, and you are usualy better of with good old pump-n-squirt. 80s Entertech's attraction was its cool firearm looks. Something that contemporary electrics don't share. Another electric Blaster was the Wow-Wee Water Gun.