-Water might spray from the pressure relief cap if over pumped
-Uses the old Super Soaker (pinch tubing) trigger, could wear down and leak
-Thin stream
-Low output
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:04 pm

Very thorough review...though a picture would really spice it up! Also, what are your opinions concerning this gun? I'm assuming they're not incredibly good, but it's good to have something in paragraph-form for reviews. Readers, in general, don't like viewing lists of fine details--although I'm content with it.

If you didn't know, Ben is planning to update the site this summer, and this review would probably be very well suited for the update.

supersoaker

Post by supersoaker » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:13 pm

I have it- It flat out sucks. It has a (I'm very serious when I say this) Pinhole sized nozzle and it still only shoots 25 feet, so I tried a nozzle drill nothing big, I don't know the size of the bit (and I'm too lazy to check) But, the bit fit into the hole, so I drilled, It barely got out any plastic and now my gun shoots 15-20 feet. Ug.

DX

Post by DX » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:25 pm

When you do a nozzle drill, you have to be very careful about how far you drill and you've got to smooth out the resulting cut. Never drill the whole nozzle unless you want a low range riot blast. 1/3-2/3 of the nozzle is the best amount to take out. That's how I added 10ft of range to my Defender with a simple drill.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:46 pm

Supersoaker, you probably have a defective model, CROC's EX-630 has a great range (way further than his max-d 5000), though as you said , a pinhole nozzle.

CROC

Post by CROC » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:43 am

Supersoaker- try this little home experiment (please note- I have not done this to my gun)(If it works, post about it in modifications and repairs):
1. Take the cap off of the EX-630
2. Put some hot glue on the little white part in the cap
This will stop the gun from releasing pressure from the cap. Just like any other CVF(ish)'d gun, pump till it gets hard, then fire
Also, what are your opinions concerning this gun?
The gun has a good range, but if it's windy, dont use it in a water war. The stream will be blown away (seriously). It is good for 1HK, and that is about it. I think the gun is about 70-80/100 on my scale of rating, as it is a beast, but it has a long shot and a good distance
-Croc

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:53 am

The stats are what I somewhat expected. A small name brand that can keep up with contemporary Super Soakers of its nozzle class.
i think we should all write Hasbro a thank you letter for droping the bar so low that they are partialy on par with chinese small name brands. How nice of them to help them out. ;)

http://www.wingsang.com/listproduct.php?id=35
Wing Sang, the company website. They have some Super Drencher Air Pressure soakers that I would prefer over this years SS air pressures. Like the m16 and mp5 lookalikes.

CROC

Post by CROC » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:16 am

There is a picture of the gun, it is the same image as you will see by following ZOCCOZ's link. There is also a pic of one NIB, which I am putting below this post.
This is the same gun. The guns just have various colours
Last edited by CROC on Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Croc

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:51 pm

After looking around my local canadian tire store, I noticed that the EX360 sells prity well. Plus Canadian Tire has no problem with selling or stocking large items. Perhaps BBT would be able to manufacture larger soakers if they would produce Canadian Tire exclusive soakers instead of canadian Walmart exclusive soakers.