New Type of Helix

General water gun discussion.
death angel

Post by death angel » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:48 am

I was looking through Buzz Bees's new blasters and I found this. I wonder how this preforms. I thought that the Helix was gimmicky and had horrible range. I wonder how the same concept would work out with air pressure? Anyone think that this could preform well?
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:05 am

Hmm, this soaker has a trigger. I think that was one of the biggest set backs to the Helix. The range depended on how strong you were. I think this gun will work a lot better.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

death angel

Post by death angel » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:59 am

If it were to spin when you pressed the trigger, then wouldn't it have to be powered by some type of electric motor? I'm also not sure if it is air pressure or not. It looks like the trigger could just be a fake because it is really close to the back of the gun. I think that someone at isoaker's forums could ask buzz bee.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

emperor_james

Post by emperor_james » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:45 pm

It is probably piston, the little picture shows pumping and spraying at the same time, the reservoir cap doesn't look sturdy enough for a PR gun, and its a little small for a separate firing chamber.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:19 pm

Yeah this looks like a Piston-Type to me, but again we will never know until someone comes out and tests one. This is an interesting one, I can't wait to check it out.