WHY!?!?!

General water gun discussion.
sauruman

WHY!?!?!

Post by sauruman » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:19 am

Before hasbro took over they were bad-butt. They shoot and work terribly. I mean SoakerTag, crazy! :o Gimme a good old CPS or a Monster XL. I know a lot of you guys have probably heard plenty of this ranting but I'm new and I need to let off some steam. I haven't bought a supersoaker since my CPS 2700, which I still love. But I need a new soaker now and I can't bring my self to buy any of the newer models. Does anyone know anywhere I can get my hands on a monster or at least a fairly large CPS (2000 and above). I've already checked ebay and there's not much there.

edit^ I am editing your post for easier reading. Who is they, supersoakers? Also try to stary from AOL Chat Styles, they are harsh on the eyes and not pleasant to a quality community. Also try not to use excessive emoticons. You can check Auction Sites, our Trade Forums, or Private Sales (Garage Sales&#33 ;) , but be warned, you will need to shell out tons of money for a high quality CPS Gun. Check the trade forum, it has very valueable information there. ;)

CPS

Post by CPS » Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:45 am

hi, welcome to the forums, yeah, were pretty used to this ranting, and we can all agree hasbro is complete bs, if you want an older soaker you've got your work cut out for you (not to mention your wallet) but if you really want one these are your options:

ebay( I know you've said that but if you keep your eyes out you might find something)
try the trading forum
garage sales
stores with old stock
thats about all I can think of, although I'm not quite sure, but I hear hasbro's 2005 soakers are supposed to be better than soaker tag

EDIT: :blink: wow, I didn't know I could be that serious,

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:11 pm

Hey, welcome to the forums!

A lot of us felt that way and a lot of people still do. Understanding what Hasbro has to adapt to, I understand their situation. Just look at this year's lineup. They are trying to push technology to please us as much as possible, while confining under the 20 dollar limit. It not only pleases us, it as well influences the majority of the soaker buying market to want more out of their guns each year. CPS was brought back this year.

I can guarantee you any smart company would look to its fanbase for ideas and pros/cons to the blasters of last year. Hasbro reads the posts in the water warfare community for ideas and the such. Same with Buz Bee Toys, the only difference is Big Bee decides to interact with the community, which is a nice extra. Hasbro chooses not to post, but that does not mean they are not here.

That's why we need as many encouraging posts and ideas as we can, and near the beginning of the next year to post ideas (that are actually do-able and realistic) to encourage companies to make them or something close to them. Many people here probably hate their guts, but Hasbro really deep down probably appreciates the positive feedback and constructive criticism left here by the members of Soakerdom. To the future!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:29 pm

Welcome sauruman!

I should just ban discussion of this type. We very well know why Hasbro doesn't make water guns to what we'd like and this is just unfairly negative towards Hasbro. Hasbro is only looking out for themselves and there's nothing that really can be done about it.

I'll refer you to the SSCentral FAQ for the answer, though others have already told you the same.

If you were determined to get a powerful water gun, try modifications or homemades. When you are the manufacturer, you can make your water guns to your own specifications. B)

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:30 am

Newbie-style posts belong in the newbie forum.
Moved.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:10 pm

Welcome to the forums. I wouldn't be so hard on Hasbro if I were you. At least they made a large improvement from last year. I doubt they'll ever make soakers like they used to but we can only wait and see.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!