a.r.m4000xl

General water gun discussion.
Sniper 2150

a.r.m4000xl

Post by Sniper 2150 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:18 pm

I got a new super soaker called the A.R.M4000xl it is a nice gun it has a backpack
it holds 2 liters of water you can get them at toys r us I was wondering if anyone could get one to mod I Don't have any ideas yet .

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:27 pm

Hi there! welcome to the SSC Forums, please review all board guidelines before posting, you have a few grammar errors there. The Arm 4000xl Is an Air Pressure Type Bionic Pistol, and from what I have heard they are unmoddable, and mediocre to other blasters of its power range. This is also in the wrong forum.

Leprechaun71588

Post by Leprechaun71588 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:32 pm

Wow....I don't have a gun like that, or any intention of buying one, but I did find a site that explained it (for anyone else viewing this topic)...
a.r.m. 4000XL

First of all...It's not a Super Soaker, It's made by Ohio Art...yeah, never heard of them as a water gun company, but maybe that's just me.

Secondly, I think I'd be scared to mod the thing. It looks pretty complicated and by messing with the internals too much you could screw up that arm-pump-thing.

---

I thought it was funny on the site how they said that:
It looks a lot like a robotic arm and should score big points for the intimidation factor when going up against kids with “ordinary” water guns.
uh...yeah...If I saw a kid come at me with this big plastic robotic arm strapped to him, waving his arm up and down to pump it...intimidation would be one of the last things on my mind.

It looks like a cool idea, but I don't think it's all they made it out to be in the article.
AIM: Leprechaun71588
Yahoo: Leprechaun71588

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:56 pm

Originally posted by Jadefalcon09@Mar 16 2005, 08:27 PM
Hi there! welcome to the SSC Forums, please review all board guidelines before posting, you have a few grammar errors there. The Arm 4000xl Is an Air Pressure Type Bionic Pistol, and from what I have heard they are unmoddable, and mediocre to other blasters of its power range. This is also in the wrong forum.
[snapback]23149[/snapback]

The A.R.M is CPS, actually. I don't know if anyone tried modifying one, but some sort of K-mod or Colossus seems to be in order.

There was actually a review of it on SSCentral before v3. I wonder what happened to it. <_<

Please, and this goes for everyone, don't post new topics in the Pick Of The Best forum. Topics will be moved there if we consider them to merit such a status.

I suppose I'd better check if I can turn some function that prevents that on.

EDIT: I think I've now set the permissions to prevent new topics like this one being posted in the Pick Of The Best forum.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:37 pm

You can see where to colossus in it, because the PC is clear. btw, that is my friend across the street. :)
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

Sniper 2150

Post by Sniper 2150 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:07 pm

Sorry about the the grammer I used when I posted it. I was in a rush Ill try not to do that I was in a rush. My friend godzillasoaker65 told me. He said you were mad. Im going to get two more of the A.R.M 4000XL guns. It has good capacity and a 21sec. shot time do think I should try to mod it Im going to have 3.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:00 pm

^ That's an improvement in grammar? Umm, next time, use commas and periods when necessary, and remember that when you use a contraction, use it correctly! Whenever I read a post with "Ill" or "Im" in it, I actually think of the word literally as it's written.

(I'm not mad. It's just a lot harder to help people out when you have trouble understanding what they are saying and what they mean.)

Please try to use the search feature of this forum in the future. You could have found a few topics on the ARM 4000 XL.

As Spinner mentioned, it also appears that our review of the ARM 4000 XL has disappeared from our site... must have been during the redesign when the files were shuffled. I'll see what I can do to retrieve it (a copy should be on my hard drive).

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:00 pm

I'll post this for him since he doesn't have a computer. Sniper 2150 collosused the arm 4,000 XL today, with 3 layers of inertube. The internals are really simple, there is a tube that sucks water into the PC, and then the PC expands. After that you pull the trigger to open a valve to fire it. We'll try to get range tests, and shot times on Saturday, or Sunday.

EDIT: forgot a comma.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

Sniper 2150

Post by Sniper 2150 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:25 pm

We opened it again and this time, we put on five layers of tubing that I found in my backyard. Godzillasoaker do you have any spare tubing I need some if you do please send some to me.The shot time of the the A.R.M4000xl is 21 seconds.The tubing does not make go farther it just force it out better.It breaks up the stream