New Water Warriors releases

General water gun discussion.
ncog

New Water Warriors releases

Post by ncog » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:12 am

I was in a department store in my city (Christchurch, New Zealand) today and saw two new Water Warriors models - the Titan and Sphinx. I checked here and on iSoaker and couldn't find any mention of them so I assume no one has seen them yet...Sadly I didn't have anything on me to take pictures with but here are some descriptions:

- The Titan looks almost exactly the same as a previous WW release, the Yellow Jacket (http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis ... cket.html). It's a smallish pressurized reservoir gun with a semi-tracked pump (from the look of it at least, I've used a Black Widow which uses the same pump design which seems reasonably sturdy; the pump is on a track but still extends out in front of the nozzle when extended).It holds 1.1 liters and weighs 1.7kg when full. The range estimate is 12m (about 40ft) which is pretty decent for modern soakers, but it remains to be seen if this estimate is accurate. Didn't look at how wide the nozzle opening is but I assume it's a standard 1 - 2x nozzle. The price is $25NZD, which is comparable to the price of WW Equilizers and Pulse Blasters in the same store last year (yes, soakers are very expensive in NZ...)

- The Sphinx is the next size up and looks like a cross between a WW Yellow Jacket and Tiger Shark (http://www.isoaker.com/Armoury/Analysis ... ark.html); it has the general style of the Yellow Jacket (including semi-tracked pump) but a single PC, triple nozzle selector (small, medium, large), strap and grip like the Tiger Shark (where you grip is in the middle and it has a stock). It can also allegedly shoot 12m, holds 1.4L (same as Tiger Shark) and weighs 2.7kg when full. It's noticeably smaller than the Tiger Shark too, quite minimalist with its long reservoir and basic styling. It retails for $40NZD, which is comparable to the Pulse Strike and Tiger Shark last year. The nozzle selector seems very sturdy and gives a satisfying click when switched, not like some older soakers where it was easy to go past whatever nozzle you were switching to. I wish I'd picked it up today as there was a 25% off one-day sale at the store, but I was in a hurry and had to get to uni for a lecture. I'll keep an eye out for future sales and may pick it up if it goes down in price in the near future. Unfortunately I forgot to check if the packaging said what type of technology it uses, so it could be a bladder, separate air pressure chamber, or (worst) a pressurized reservoir soaker with a fake PC like the MD 5000. We're about a month off from summer here and its already gotten a lot warmer, so I'll hopefully be able to get this one at some stage; with its compactness (about as long as a Pulse Strike, but less high) and nozzle selector it has the potential to be a really effective light weapon if it has good range/output. If it works out it'll basically be what the Tiger Shark should have been.

- From looking at the back of the packaging, there are two other soakers in the series; the Hydra, which is a small pistol which looks about the size of an MD 2000, and the Gorgon, which is just an Orca but with Yellow reservoir/PC and blue styling.

Once I finish my exams I'll check out some of the other Farmers stores, which may have got some other new models. The store I was in today still had at least 5 Vindicators left over from last season, so I'm not sure if they'll risk shipping in large soakers again sadly, I'm hoping for the Vanquisher....

edit-just had the bright idea of doing a google search for the new soakers, and found a picture on amazon's UK site:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buzz-Bee-Toys-W ... d_sxp_f_pt

According to the product description the Sphinx uses Hydro-Power, i.e. a bladder system, so hopefully it can pull it off well. Also, the piece of orange plastic behind the trigger is not a second trigger, from what I could tell in the shop (it wouldn't move at all). However, all of the triggers on the Titans wouldn't move either, so it may serve some sort of purpose...And yes, the Titan does use its trigger, as I checked the instructions on the back. The Sphinx is also listed on an Australian site, which says that it's approx 59cm long. Here's the Aus/NZ packaging:
http://www.sunshinemarkets.com.au/p/117 ... toys-.html

There's also a picture of the Titan on that site (it also says the Titan is approx 42cm long):
http://www.sunshinemarkets.com.au/p/117 ... -toys.html

The thing that looks like a possible power gauge on the Titan is just a sticker, from memory.

Those are the only new WW models shown on that site, but it also lists a recoloured Steady Stream...I thought they would discontinue that in light of the (seemingly superior) Pulse Force, but it seems not.
Last edited by ncog on Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

SEAL

Re: New Water Warriors releases

Post by SEAL » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:51 pm

Actually, they're not new. They've already been discussed here. cantab found them a while back.

I believe they're European(And apparently, also NZ.) releases of the American versions.
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

ncog

Post by ncog » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:15 pm

Haha oh no! Apologies, I obviously didn't look far back enough for previous sightings of them :confused:

Feel free to delete/merge thread then, I'm quite keen to hear cantab's review of the Sphinx!

cantab

Post by cantab » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:25 pm

I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

ncog

Post by ncog » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:20 am

Awesome, nice right up. Yesterday was the first time in ages I'd visited SSC so I read some of the threads from the last few months, but obviously didn't go back far enough to see any of those Sphinx threads haha....Should have done a search as well.

May leave the Sphinx then, unless it ever gets heavily discounted....Still, it seems to be a worthy replacement of the Tiger Shark at least.