Homemade

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:06 pm

I'm trying to make a new soaker, what with the dissapointing ones that came out this season. I have 2 broken XP 65's I'm thinking of using as a shell, and I can canabalize parts from and EES something or other, this one water gun from sports authority without any id, and an acient CPS. I'll take inventory and give a better idea later.

I'm thinking I can use one of the XP shells and squeeze parts from the other soakers in there to make it work. I want to add a stock but there's no recoil so that's not necessary. the biggest issue is getting the parts out of the XP's and other weapons. The screws are all stripped... any ideas on how to get the shells open?
Victory to Unit 1!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 29, 2004 6:17 pm

You'd have to drill the screws out. Read this article too, it will answer most of your questions about opening.

http://www.sscentral.net/tech/oys.php

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:31 pm

my way for getting scews out is useing a hammer and metal rod....
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:41 pm

I tried that at first. Don't do it. It will cause more damage than good.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sun Feb 29, 2004 7:44 pm

heh. "I can't get this [insert curse word] thing off!"
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:51 pm

Hey, that's funny. ok... it'll be a while then. all our drills are at my dad's.
Victory to Unit 1!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:03 pm

I don't think this should be called a homemade... it's more of an intergration of parts. Nerf has intergrations, so why can't we?

shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:42 am

I did it to my cps1000 when the screw in the middle got stripped
(if youve seen a pic of my 1000 its not a hole I glued the piece back on where it broke and it looks almost seamless)

but yea I have to agree with you doom B)
"------------------!No OnE LeAvEs DrY!----------------"

My Arsenal
Agenst T.C.P.A.
Say No!
Defending Freedom in the Digital World

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:22 am

Hey, that's funny. - intergration it is then, I guess. now I have some ID issues.... I have a tan watergun with orange tanks, pup operated, gray handle, larami/super soaker, but no number ID... any ideas? Well, once we figure out what it is, I'm thinking of using it's pump if I can. smaller tubing's better, right? So maybe that too.
Victory to Unit 1!

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:36 am

they made like 5 billion colors of the xp's and classics, it's probably one of them. also could be sc.

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 02, 2004 2:05 pm

It doesn't matter what kind of gun it is. I've used parts from Nerf guns to test stuff. Smaller tubing is not better. If you want a performance weapon, get larger tubing. Larger will let it use bigger nozzles, but don't get something like 5/8" ID, that's way too big, something like 3/8" ID should work ok from the guns I've looked in. Also, if you can, take pics of what you've done so far, I'd love to help more in the first soaker intergration.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:02 pm

this has potential to be cool. personally, I'd take the case from a large xp or maybe even a cps - more room to work.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:26 pm

Yeah, a large case would probably be better to work with. Maybe you could but a 3A for parts and the case, I hear it's got a nice sized case. I think I'll try some of this intergration stuff eventually. Until then, good luck.

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Wed Mar 03, 2004 2:36 am

I'll take pictures of what I have so far. My dad just finished a major proect so he was like "now I'm bored... " so I told him I needed to drill the screws out and he said he'd help me. I could hear the wheels turning in his head over the phone. kinda scary. anyway, I'll get some pics of what I have and the 2 XP 65's ain their somewhat taken apart state. I tried to saw the end off the one with the screws stuck so I could rip out the inside... :P needless to say it was a disaster. I stopped after a little time.
Victory to Unit 1!

Belisaurius

Post by Belisaurius » Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:31 pm

We're drilling the screws out tomorrow. I got some pics but I'm having trouble getting them on the comp. I'll need to upload them, right? yea. ok so then it'll be like 2 days till pics. any mod suggestions?
Victory to Unit 1!