SSCentral.net bought by another

Discussion of other water gun websites.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:11 pm

It appears that some Pool.com has taken interest in SSCentral.net and bought it before I had a chance to. That's a shame, but I suppose that they might be selling it (not that I intend to buy anything from a company that works like that).

Again, just a notice to update your links because we really can't get that domain back. :(

Mutton

Post by Mutton » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:40 pm

You mean sscentral won't exist in the next few days? :(
I'm from Scotland and I like Haggis!

death angel

Post by death angel » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:48 pm

You mean sscentral won't exist in the next few days?
Erm.....Not Quite....
He means that the old domain name, Ssecentral.net, is being bought by someone else.

~ Death Angel
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

Mutton

Post by Mutton » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:51 pm

Yay! :Hey, that's funny.: Whats the sight called now? :huh:
I'm from Scotland and I like Haggis!

death angel

Post by death angel » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:59 pm

Yay! laugh.gif Whats the sight called now? huh.gif
This site is still called SScentral.org, but it used to, (before you joined,) be called SScentral.net. Now another company has bought out the old domain name.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:20 pm

Actually, it always was Super Soaker Central. The domain name didn't matter.

Also, Mutton, websites are sights to see, but they are sites, not sights.

Please read posts carefully as well! I did not say at all that SSCentral was going to be down or that there was any real problem. If you also read our previous news, you would have noticed that we had a domain name change a few months ago.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:21 am

XPBackfire-esque, I liked the old name better. A .org name just doesn't seem, "super soakerish."

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

BlueMage

Post by BlueMage » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:24 pm

what happened? I thought you owned sscentral.net!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:59 am

The name expired and they had to buy the .org name. Someone bought .net before Doom got a chance to.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

superstormer

Post by superstormer » Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:57 pm

Actually, there is a Super Soaker site called "Super Soaker Central" that was created before SSCentral. I prefer to call this site SSCentral, to avoid confusion, even though the original Super Soaker Central is one of those soaking sites no-one has ever heard of, and is probably off-line by now.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Socrates)</div><div class='quotemain'>I drank what?!</div>

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:14 pm

I've seen two other Super Soaker Centrals actually. One came after us, and the other only made it's title tag Super Soaker Central (other sites linked to it with a different name). Neither made any impact at all or had anything special (or anything at all in one of their cases).

There was a NerfHQ before the NerfHQ we know now... I suppose it's only the best known sites that have the best known names. At least we don't have to worry about someone else making a site called iSoaker.com. B)