Favorite "Star Wars" Movie

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.

My favorite Star Wars movie is:

Episode 1: The Phantom Menace
No votes
Episode 2: Attack of the Clones
5%
Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith
19%
Episode 4: A New Hope
29%
Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back
29%
Episode 6: Return of the Jedi
5%
I don't watch Star Wars.
5%
I like them all!
5%
Uhh, donuts?
5%

Total votes: 21

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:00 pm

Just wondering, what is your favorite Star Wars movie?
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Origin

Post by Origin » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:49 pm

I personally like Revenge Of The Sith the best. Mainly because of the theme of the movie, movies before Revenge Of The Sith are not very "dark" in theme. These movies focused on Anakin before he started to turn to the dark side, the focused on the love and good in his heart. Movies after Revenge Of The Sith were all very "dark", the rebels struggling to live and hold a resistance against the empire, Luke struggling to deal with the death of his aunt and uncle, and the realization that his dad is Darth Vader... Revenge Of The Sith is the turning point which leads from one movie to the next.

If I had to pick from movies 4-6 I would choose A new hope, based in it is the origins of the world of star wars. It was also a very revolutionary movie in terms of technology back then.
Last edited by Origin on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:54 pm

I don't know if I have a favourite, but I favour Episodes IV, V, and VI. The Han Solo and Chewbacca partnership is great. :D
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

dr_spock

Post by dr_spock » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:51 am

I like Empire Strikes Back best. I have a Lego model of the AT-AT Imperial Walker and Snowspeeder. I think it is the only one not directed or was it, written by Lucas.

scorpion

Post by scorpion » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:54 am

My favorite one is the non special edition of the original Star wars.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:50 pm

No doubt whatsoever.

Episode IV - it is without question the best in my opinion. I can't say why, but I like it.

I personally think that Episodes I - III are tacked on, and could have been done much better.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:17 pm

joannaardway wrote:I personally think that Episodes I - III are tacked on, and could have been done much better.
It's definitely true that IV - VI beat I - III hands down.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Jamesclarke

Post by Jamesclarke » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:02 pm

depends what u like, like a i prefer the 1-3 light sabre and space battles
Primary weapon:CPS 1000
Pistol:SC Triple Charger (1 canister, the others keep getting stuck :P )
Backup Weapon:CPS 1700

m15399

Post by m15399 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:08 pm

I think they all have stupid plots, so I picked the one that I enjoyed the most and had the best special effects (I think you know which).

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:23 pm

Episodes I-III were excellent for special effects, but the other's couldn't rely totally on that (although at the time, they were ground breaking) because of the limits of the technology, so plot really was more important.

I'm not saying that I don't like the newer films, but I'm sure that they are sub-standard.

I recently bought "Star Wars: Battlefront II" - an excellent game which doesn't rely on the Star Wars branding for it's success.

To me, it seems that almost all Star wars products, games, and the latest three films were dependant on the Star wars name.

Would you have gone to see any of the latest three if they weren't Star wars films? I seriously doubt they would have done at all well.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

m15399

Post by m15399 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:12 pm

Probably not. ;)

A bunch of guys waving swords around killing people is not my type of movie. The best parts are the scenes in space. They are not really like space battles though... More like a bunch of airplanes and blimps. In space:
No gravity. Therefore, "up" should not be the same for any two ships. In the movies all the ships' "up"s are the same way.
There is no matter in empty space. Therefore, no explosions, fire, or even sound.

Star Wars (and almost every space battle in movie history) breaks all three of those rules (if you will). 2001: A Space Odyssey is the most physically accurate space movie I've come across.

Silence

Post by Silence » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:29 pm

Episode V

Like most people, I prefer Episodes IV-VI than Episodes I-III. It's a hard choice between these three, but I find that Episode V has the best plot advances. Don't ask me why.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:20 pm

Yes, but to obey those three laws, films would have silent scenes, confusing images and other things.

People are used to gravity and sound so it makes sense that they are included.

A gravity generator on a ship couldn't actually exist as films show them - for one thing, they would affect nearby craft considerably.

m15399

Post by m15399 » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:18 pm

Watch 2001 and you'll see what I mean. Star Wars would probably be less of an Action movie if it were made like that. The ships would take a lot longer to turn and it would be much less exiting, so perhaps it was better to ignore reality.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:21 am

Yeah, they had to make the movies exciting...but maybe they could at least come up with an excuse, such as, "The audial sensors on each ship broadcast information in electromagnetic wave form, allowing others to hear explosions," or some other equally lame excuse--after all, that's what Gene Roddenberry did.

And yes, Star Wars stuff is getting too "commercially branded," with all its Lego, video games, action figures, lame sequels, etc.--but Star Wars Battlefront II is a great game. After playing it, the first game seems like only half a game because so much stuff was left out. Star Wars games are a pleasant break from WWII, modern combat, etc.