Hydra Pak bladder ruptured

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
CROC

Hydra Pak bladder ruptured

Post by CROC » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:08 am

Yea, I just had the "ruptured PC" thing happen to my Hydra Pak. Should I just return it, or try to get it fixed?

EDIT by SilentGuy: This was originally in the stickied "CPS bladder repair" thread, but it has been removed as it deserves its own attention and shouldn't clutter that thread. In a year, somebody trying to repair his (or her) CPS bladder will want general information, not information specific to one case (though I might hyperlink to this thread). No offense, of course...
Last edited by Silence on Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:35 pm

Well, first you try to get a replacement without returning it. If that's impossible, then you just return it and bring back a new Hydro Pak. If that is also not allowed, then you just repair it.

I'm assuming it uses a Hydro Power system similar to that of the Blazer. In that case, you could try to do a similar repair/upgrade system by clamping and gluing rubber sheets over where the original went. Unfortunately, this has not been documented very well (as with the CPS 2000 bladder replacement) and I don't have a Hydro Power soaker, so I'm of no help there.

EDIT: You might find some information by looking for the rubber sheet mod, since that is listed in the stickied "Which modifications can I do to X water gun?" and currently discussed in "spring mod."
Last edited by Silence on Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:59 pm

The Hydra Pak (I don't think it's hydro pak) uses PC's similar to spherical PC CPS's, though much larger, which means a rubber sheet mod wouldn't work. I would try 12"+ balloons layered over each other to replace the PC.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:20 pm

Sorry about the mistake, and I've changed the problems now...thanks. I was sure the Hydro Power system uses rubber sheets, so maybe the Hydra Pak doesn't use the sheet system. More of a response later, I've got to go now...

CROC

Post by CROC » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:59 pm

I have returned the Aqua/Hydra Pak, and am considering buying some other thing, as I only pumped it 30/35 times before it burst (after 3 times of using it :mad: ). I might just get some other gun, like the twin MD5Ks in Toys R Us, or a Blazer from Wal-Mart.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back