Other things from PVC

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
Monsoon

Other things from PVC

Post by Monsoon » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:23 am

I know that PVC around here is usually used for homemade water guns, but last year, my Dad made some marshmallow blasters using PVC pipe. I'll link a picture later. What other things could you make with PVC? I was thinking of making a marshmallow bazooka that can launch the jumbo puffed ones.
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

m15399

Post by m15399 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:28 am

I've (and probably a lot of other members, too) seen instructions for those on the internet.

Other things from PVC:
Nerf guns
Marshmallow guns
Water Balloon guns
Airsoft guns
Potato guns
Golf ball guns
Tennis ball guns
... guns ...

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:37 pm

A marshmallow bazooka? I don't see how that could be used...

20quid

Post by 20quid » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:01 pm

You could use it for piping in your house... or is that just me? :p
Seriously though PVC is made for almost all types of guns as it channels air and water so well.(as it's designed to)

Other things you could make with PVC could be a musical instrument, as that channels air.
Or a homemade sprinkler system, as that chanels water.

EDIT: Took SilentGuy's advise and made the post more understandable.
Last edited by 20quid on Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing that scares me more than space aliens is the idea that there aren't any space aliens. We can't be the best that creation has to offer. I pray we're not all there is. If so, we're in big trouble."-Ellen DeGeneres

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:11 pm

@ 20quid: You said, "...PVC is almost made for types of guns..." Should that be, "...PVC is made for almost all types of guns...?" The sentence not that big a deal, but in this case, the meaning might be lost.

I have an irrigation system that uses PVC.

dr_spock

Post by dr_spock » Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:58 am

There are many uses of PVC pipes. We used a PVC pipe, an old Christmas tree stand, a coat hanger, lots of duct tape, an old T-shirt and stuffing to make a custom body form for sewing.

Note: Don't inhale the solvent fumes if you are glueing together PVC pipes and end caps.

scupper

PVC Marshmallow Guns

Post by scupper » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:05 pm

Hi, I joined this forum so I can maybe get some ideas for marshmallow guns and how to maybe used a bicycle pump or other action instead of using conventional methods (self propelled by blowing into a tube).
I've made over 60 shooters in the last year for my nephews and bro's in law.
I've even made some to look like a star war's blaster (sort of).
Thanks.