XP 240 valve stuck open

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
strato_2r5

XP 240 valve stuck open

Post by strato_2r5 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:32 am

I just uncovered my old XP 240. It has a black body, formerly red reservoir (now pink and white), and orange detailing. I remember a log time ago that I stopped using this blaster because the valve was stuck open, and whenever I pumped it automatically fired. I can freely move the trigger, but it has no effect.

Now, the main hurdle, I think, is to get it open. Prying with a screwdriver damages the piece, and I want to keep the pump cap and nozzle in a good condition. As for the discoloration, I'll probably paint the reservoir blue. Do I need to use Krylon Fusion or can I just use regular Krylon? I just ran out of black fusion, and I don't feel like getting my parents to buy another one.
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

atvan

Re: XP 240 valve stuck open

Post by atvan » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:36 am

Is the faded area really that ugly? Also, could you post a pic of the pump cap with the pump out of the way? On some guns, you just need to remove a dab of glue, and then you can slide it off easily. On my MD3k, it also slides back on and remains snug. It does not get damaged at all. For the repai itself, a rubber band repair sounds like it will do nicely.
Me gyro, me fly plane.

My Blog

strato_2r5

Re: XP 240 valve stuck open

Post by strato_2r5 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:14 am

I'll get pics probably Sunday. Oddly enough, the pump cap seems to be a ring of plastic holding the shell together. The pump stopper is the shell itself.

The faded part is bleached mostly white and the rest is pink. I just like to add some customizaton, and paint the reservoir blue.

Is there an alternative to prying? When I pried the nozzle on my rattler off, the nozzle had dents where I was prying.
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.