Hasbro in the UK

General water gun discussion.
Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:59 pm

I am currently a very angry person! I have been waiting for about two months now for my FF and Triple Shot in replacement for the re-called monster rocket. Hasbro (UK) have claimed to have sent it out twice, then sent a letter saying the soakers didn't exist!

After many phone-calls, they said that a new trainee had said the soakers didn't exist and they had been wrong, so they said they would send out the soakers immediately...

Today, I received a letter telling me that the soakers I requested (FF and triple shot in case you had forgotten) hadn't arrived in the UK yet. So I phoned up and asked how come my friend had bought one from Argos last weekend then?

They said that Argos was shipping them in directly from the states... I now hate Hasbro because they say they won't just give me a refund, instead I have to get one of last years soakers.

So halfway through April, they haven't got their soakers over here to Britain... will they at all this year? If a soaker (that you bought from Argos) breaks, will you be forced to have a XPBackfire-esquepy old soaker instead (old as in last years line).

I guess I'll have to change my water gun preference then.... oh no wait, I can't, pretty much nothing else has crossed the Atlantic.

I'm mad right now (apologizes if you are too after reading this, but I had anger to vent).

edit^ Please watch the language again, proper, non-profane, non-derrogatory language is required by the Board Guidelines. I have seen you use it a lot, please stop. Also please use the spell check when submitting posts. Thanks!
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:39 pm

Hasbro is full of idiots...that would be why there was a ESS and ST in the first place...

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:58 pm

Originally posted by hunter@Apr 13 2005, 02:39 PM
Hasbro is full of idiots...that would be why there was a ESS and ST in the first place...
[snapback]23912[/snapback]

I agree. They use lously productions methods so that a lot of the guns they make are messed up. Plus they have basicly ruined super soaker, but at least they have made a step in te right direction with the 2005 line up. Especially with the return of CPS. This all leads me to conclude that hasbro not only hired a bunch of idoits, but also a few people who know what they're doing, or at least I hope.

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:31 am

no, I think they all know what they are doing: using cheap production methods and XPBackfire-esquepy guns to make a big fortune...with is idiotic...when the triggers on everyone's gun break, they will eventually resort the BBt...END OF SUPERSOAKER...but yea...return of CPS is a step in the right direction...they just need to switch off max-d triggers...

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:55 pm

^ I gotta agree with that one, the MaxD style triggers are loud, hard-ish to pull, and they die within a month or two.
I don't check this forum anymore.

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:37 pm

Try writing to Hasbro in the US, complain about Hasbro UK, and then have Hasbro US send you the replacements. Because from my experiance Hasbro US has been very quick and helpful about replacements.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:05 pm

I'm really sorry you are having issues with Hasbro UK, just right to them again or call Hasbro US. Again this is not the place to vent your feelings. I am considering locking the topic, no more Hasbro Bashing.

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:19 pm

Topics like this are fine. It's okay to share SS customer support issues.
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:51 pm

Hasbro deserved a bashing! Most of the people I talked to were arrogant, unhelpful and generally useless. It is ridiculous to tell me they had sent out the guns twice and they say they weren't available in England.

Anyway, I thought that people would quite like to know that if a soaker breaks, they wouldn't be able to get a replacement.

Anyway, I found a very nice friendly person at Hasbro customer services today, they said that because I had been messed about, they would get me a full refund and apologized for the delay (although they don't normally). It just goes to show that some people are very nice and don't deserve to be included with the other ... people ... in certain companies :D

I apologize profoundly for the use of language, I will not swear, although I really don't think that where I said someone must have lied to me (when they said they sent out the guns and then said they didn't have them) should have been edited out because they blatantly were lying. So I will not swear, but I will still use irony and sarcasm (I think that's what you meant by non-derogatory language) as I am a sarcastic cynical person, and I am not going to change as a person (sorry).
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:53 pm

Originally posted by Commander_Gaunt@Apr 15 2005, 06:51 PM
I apologize profoundly for the use of language, I will not swear, although I really don't think that where I said someone must have lied to me (when they said they sent out the guns and then said they didn't have them) should have been edited out because they blatantly were lying.
[snapback]23987[/snapback]

Agreed. That should not have been edited out, mods take note.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.