Liquidator Reservoir Expansion

Threads about water gun modifications.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:41 pm

My brother confronted me about modding his XPBackfire-esquety Liquidator. I wanted to do a check valve freeze but he didn't let me open it. So what I did was take a big 3 liter bottle, we just finished drinking it, and took it to see if it screwed into the spot for the cap. It screwed in sorta good, but not perfect. I then tried to use some plumbers tape stuff to make it fit better, but I didn't put enough. I let it go to my brother, who tried some other stuff like duct tape, but then went back to the plumbers tape and used a ton. He filled the 3 liter up a little bit more than 3/4 of the way, and he didn't fill the normal reservoir so there would be enough air. He then pumped it up (it took a while), and shot it. The shot time was several times longer than what it was before, that's because we increased the reservoir volume from 500 ml to about 3500 ml. He also thinks the range increased, but we didn't measure so we don't know.

Basically this mod improves shot time by 7 times and power a bit. I would do it to all HydroBlades and Liquidators. That and a check valve freeze.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:42 pm

Good idea, but that kinda sacrifices mobility... ah well.
I think I'll just fill the reservoir and then 3/4 fill a 500ml bottle and tape it onto the FF cap, that might work...

Have you got any pictures of this mod?
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:14 pm

No pics yet. It actually doesn't take too much away from mobility, just lean the bottle against your arm and it's fine. It turns the Liquidator from a pistol class weapon to a long shot time type weapon. I wonder what it will do to the HydroBlade. Possibly someone could try it out?

[Edit] This is post #2500 for me. ^_^

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:52 pm

yeah, I know a guy with a hydroblade, I'll have to try to get him to test it out... It could be useful there...
I just wanted to see what it looked like, since the Liquidator's great flaw is the fact that it IS a small weapon... But with a bigger reservoir it could be classed as a light assault rifle... cool.

<turns off computer to go and find a 3l bottle and some duct tape... :D >
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

Cavendish Turkey

Post by Cavendish Turkey » Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:49 pm

I would have tried it on my Hydroblade but the trigger valve broke on it cause I left it out and mud got into it. But hasbro Is sending me either another Hydroblade or a CPS 4100. Whatever they had in stock they said.
If my brothers friend lets me I'll do it to his liquidator tho.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:05 pm

This mod is not permanent in anyway, I don't see any reason he wouldn't let you try it. I'll try to get some pictures of my brother's once I get some more teflon tape. My current stock is zero and he lost his original 3 liter bottle.