Odd picture

Threads about water gun modifications.
Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:12 pm

I wasent sure what topic to put this in, but I decided to put it in tech. It is very intresting a cps 2000 mixed with a power pack, and almost looks like a nozzle mod on the cps 2000. Anyway just wanted to share this odd photo.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Feb 02, 2005 10:31 pm

That's very odd. So we have a self pressurising gun with CPS 2000 power, but with the flexibility of a CPS 2500 (or similar). Nice! Only achillies heel is refilling the power pak under pressure.

Notice his son (I presume) only has a CPS 1000, well that looks like a fair battle :blink:
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Crashdummy

Post by Crashdummy » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:31 am

Wow, that looks like a good idea. I wonder if it hooks right up without mods. Hey, maybe a Devastator/Flash Flood monster is possible.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:42 am

I think the gun to the power pack is on the other side of the CPS 2000. I don't think the addition of the Power Packs PC's would do anything.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:50 am

It looks like he chopped of the gun part of the power pack, and possibly stuck it right up the handle of the cps 2000 to the part where the water goes into the cps bladder. Then it would be constant pressure all the way. Just a small thought. Oh and I found this while browsing google images.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:04 am

I've seen that before actually. Too bad he's not hosting it on his site (I think it was about robots) or else we could email him about it. That's the only way to know for sure what it really is.

I do suppose the PowerPak would either add water to the reservoir or the PC. If you can Soaker Leader, find the site that image was on and we could email him about what it really does!

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:49 pm

I found the site. Here it is. There is another picture of the power pack / cps 2000 in the photo gallery.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:56 pm

Interesting... I'll have emailed him about his gun! Please don't send him further emails because it might irritate him. I'll post any reply/information I receive.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:58 am

Here's his reply about the gun:
I'm afraid my website is horribly out of date, but I'm working on a new look
for it. I can add a page with the details of some of my super soaker projects,
if you and the other forum members would like to see detailed photos.

First the bladder seal on the 2500 busted. This was a common problem with the
first-run units. After several attempts to fix it with hose clamps, I set it
aside for a while. Later I purchased a ( ) and found the stock spray gun
inadequate compared to the old 2500. So I just removed the plastic connector
from the gun end of the ( )'s hose and attached it to a length of 1/2"
flexible hose from the hardware store. The other end of the hose was connected
to the nozzle output of the 2500 inside the nozzle head using an automotive
hose clamp. Then a new paint job and custom foam handgrip to complete the
look.

Again, let me know if you'd like to see assembly photos, I can add that page to
my site.

Later,
John
Seems it may have been a repair all along! I'll be emailing him back about making a section on his site.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:30 pm

Yeah, maybe you could entice him into the internet world of water guns?

Someone as experienced as that at modding could be a good influence on the community.
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes