So...some Advice?

Threads about water gun modifications.
sirsoakalot

So...some Advice?

Post by sirsoakalot » Fri May 15, 2009 2:02 am

Yeah, so, I'm looking for the longest-ranged/most powerful Super Soaker that I can buy of these days' models.

If there are any needed mods, that's Ok.

I'm just curious, because I want to play sniper these days.

Silence

Re: So...some Advice?

Post by Silence » Fri May 15, 2009 4:55 am

Have you looked at the 2009 listing from iSoaker.com? The 2008 listings might help, too. At any rate, I'd look into the Flash Flood and the Vindicator at this point.

If you want real power, of course, you'll have to go homemade.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri May 15, 2009 8:52 am

It's not exactly current, but if you find it, the Aquapack Devastator has great range. I know because I was fighting against the bloody things a couple weeks ago.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:45 pm

If you really want to snipe, build a water balloon launcher. No water gun has range that stands out that much, except for homemades like the Supercannon II, but thats more for heavy fire than for sniping. (and its range can't go near that of a launcher)

For non-homemades, the best blasters w/ best effective range are those on the CPS line. They're great for 1 hit kill games as well as any games where you're facing non-homemade and/or non-CPS blasters which do not have the firepower nor range to keep up with them. Don't rely all on blaster power though; you need to be proficient in movement, cover, shooting, and of course, dodging regardless of whatever blaster you're using.