Questions about the Splashzooka Mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
bzuiss

Questions about the Splashzooka Mod

Post by bzuiss » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:15 pm

On the Splashzooka guide on this site it said to relocate the filling nozzle.
Can't I just cut off the Pressure Release Valve and place a seal on it?
I've got 3 splashzookas and just decided to give them just a little more strength to drench some more neighbor's!!
:) :)

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:21 pm

I'm assuming you're talking about the Mad Zook article, which is basically completed. Pepper was going to do some more work, but the article just about stops there. However, the Mad Zook is an excellent mod, and you should do the rest of it anyway.

EDIT: Wrong information earlier, thanks Ben.
Last edited by Silence on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:26 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central.

From my recollection of the modification, all you need to do is cut off the pressure relief valve and the nozzle/QFD attachment and reattach the QFD attachment on the site of the pressure relief valve. You'd also obviously put a new nozzle where the old one was.

Was this what you wanted to know? Let me know because I'm somewhat confused as to what you are asking.

bzuiss

Post by bzuiss » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:37 pm

I am wondering if you can just cut off the Pressure release valve and then seal up the hole from the cut.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:38 pm

No, you do not seal the hole right after removing it. You place the nozzle/QFD attachment on that spot and seal it on. That's what I said in my post. ;)

bzuiss

Post by bzuiss » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:49 pm

Do I have to relocate the QFD if I don't want to and just seal up the Pressure release valve???

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:56 pm

Yes, you could just do a CVF (but that's only useful with a colossus, which might not work if the hose is too weak to fill the bladder), but that's not the point of the Mad Zook. The Mad Zook aims to greatly increase output by way of the extra large tubing that originally attached to the QFD port. By putting a nozzle there, you can take advantage of the wide "barrel"--and the QFD part can just use the narrow pressure release valve, killing two birds with one stone.

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:14 am

The splashzooka must have a QFD nozzle. Without it, it can not operate.

If you want to do a mad zook mod, then you must not seal up the pressure release, or you will end up with a soaker that you cannot charge.

The QFD Port must then be placed where the pressure release was.

There is a reason why the mod is written up like that - that is how it must be done.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston