Balloon Filler Idea

Threads about water gun modifications.
MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:55 pm

I just happened to think of this idea that may have already been done, but I haven't seen it before. I've been calling it the MBF(Multi Balloon Filler).

Anyway, the basic idea of it is theres a big pipe that has three tubes coming off the bottom which have ball valves on the ends,and then a cone that comes to a point with a hole at the end. then on one end of it there would be a bike pump attached,I'm not sure if this would be needed, but I didn't think that the water just pouring out of the pipe would be fast enough to fill a balloon effectively ;) Of course I didn't mention end caps or some other small things that I thought most should know have to be there :P

Anybody have any problems or suggestions on this before I get started? I need to have this a few WBL's and a few other things done by spring so I will need to start pretty soon. Below is a very crudely made version in MsPaint that dosn't show good detail but gives a rough idea of it :)
Attachments
MBF.jpg
MBF.jpg (10.2 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:53 am

That looks cool. Havin' a portable WB filling station and a launcher, with someone covering your back, = total PWNAGE!

P.S., how do you insert a pic?

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:54 am

I was having problems inserting mine to ^_^ I just had to change mine to JPG format then it worked ;)
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

vaporizer28

Post by vaporizer28 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:05 am

Okay, I lost myself. First, you draw it in Paint, then what?

I'm a computer newb.

EDIT: I think that the fast reply overrides the set character limit.

2nd EDIT: 150th post.

^This was made by Superstormer. What, do you think it got here on its own?

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:19 am

You can draw it in anything but when you save it,save it as a JPG format image ;) then just click the browse button select the image,click add this attachment and click submit :P

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:30 am

Nice idea, I like it. The tank however would have to be pretty big PVC, say 4". Also note that you'd need 4 sections of PVC and 3 tees to make it. Last time I checked spiggots don't just come growing out of PVC piping.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:34 am

I already knew it would be around 4", and as for the spiggots, I have been conjuring up ways to make it work while still using one big peice of pvc. I am trying to think of how to make the holes in it and get it to not leak :huh:

Is the pump I put in there required to make it fill balloons good? It would make since since water just pouring isnt very strong.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:00 pm

I love the idea! perfect for a base defence. Build a bunch of Nibordude's compact WBL, and VOILA! So 1-3 people making balloons. 2-3 launching balloons.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:36 am

I have been wondering about how it will be suspended :huh: it is going to be a fairly sized piece of pvc filled with water and that will probably be kind of heavy. what would I use/do to make it sturdy and high enough up that we don't have to crouch to use it? 2x4's are sturdy enough but I need a design idea to make them so the pipe won't fall off. I also am worried that the pvc might be under to much strain in the middle if I just support the ends :huh: can somebody help me out here?

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:04 am

Make sure that when you pump up the chamber that you don't over pump it. If there's too much pressure, the release of water into the balloon could destroy it or blow it out of your hands. B)

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci