Storm Check Valve Freezing Mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
Storm

Post by Storm » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:36 pm

I've been wondering about the storm check valve freezing mod.
What are the Pros and Cons? What happens If I were to Over-pressurize the gun. Does the range increase ... Shot time? Or is it just easier to pump or less pumps until its fully pressurized?

Thanks
-Storm
Storm

pyro

Post by pyro » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:04 pm

all I can tell ya is that it makes it so that when you pump the gun a little too much it doesn't put water back in the reservoir, but I think pumping tooooooo much would make it "explode" but I haven't actually modded any of my guns. ^_^

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:14 pm

If you think that check valve freezing improves your shot time then you either have no idea what it does. Check valve freezing allows you to pump more into your gun. On a K modded soaker it typically allows the gun to function because the check valve will release pressure too early. On a pressurized reservoir gun, like the Storms, it lets you get more pressure from more air being pumped in. More pressure generally means more power, and most of the time range. I have pumped my Storm 500 over 100 times and nothing bad happened. I think as long as the design is strong, which it is on most Storm guns, there is nothing you will have to worry about.

pyro

Post by pyro » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:12 am

oh! well as you already know I have never modded a gun so I Don't know much about it. Sorry for the misleading info. :(

Storm

Post by Storm » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:54 pm

Thanks for the information
-Storm
Storm