A computer position?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
soakup

Post by soakup » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:24 pm

Okay uhh, I had this crazy idea for like sscentral and other water warfare webpages to have like A LIVE, ONLINE, CHAT COMMUNICATION AND SUPPORT SECTION. This idea basically is for wars near one of the contestants houses, so someone can go online and inform everyone on what's happening, and receive IMMEDIATE help. So what do you think?
sponge+James Collins+ water=soakup

perilous1

Post by perilous1 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:28 am

Originally posted by soakup@Apr 26 2005, 03:24 PM
Okay uhh, I had this crazy idea for like sscentral and other water warfare webpages to have like A LIVE, ONLINE, CHAT COMMUNICATION AND SUPPORT SECTION. This idea basically is for wars near one of the contestants houses, so someone can go online and inform everyone on what's happening, and receive IMMEDIATE help. So what do you think?
[snapback]24367[/snapback]

^That actually isn't a bad Idea. Except you have to hope that there is at lest someone at the chat at all times.

BTW a chat room subsitute may be instant messaging

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:45 am

didn't they try something like that on watertalk?

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:27 am

Sorry, but I think this is a bad idea. I would be too busy drenching my competition than to run into my house to get advice.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:04 pm

Originally posted by soakup@Apr 26 2005, 05:24 PM

[snapback]24367[/snapback]

I'll be honest with you - this is one of the most useless ideas I have heard.

I don't know how many times I have to tell people (especially on AIM) to use their heads and think for themselves! Are we really getting this lazy now? Can't even battle our own water wars for ourselves?

You can start this up by yourself if you want, however, I extremely highly doubt this will get any use. I can assure you that SSCentral never will be home to such a service simply because it is so ridiculous.

Take the guy you'd stick on the computer or laptop with wireless internet to the battlefield! Put him where'd he actually be useful. :P

(Sorry to be so blunt - I truly feel that this is a terrible idea.)

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:34 pm

If it was more mobile, then this would be a good idea. If you're looking for something cheap, check out a "Cybiko".

http://www.cybikostore.com/cgi-bin/ds.p ... ref=cybiko

Or, if you wanted, you could just have someone sit inside on the computer with a walkie-talkie. Useful for the annoying person in the group - stick him on his computer and tell him/her to only respond to direct communications for advice.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

DX

Post by DX » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:02 am

Remote advice wouldn't work. I'm not for or against it, but I will say that it won't be effective at all. Telling someone what's going on is a world apart from having that person actually on the front lines. Being remote and not being able to see events first-hand means that you couldn't react in real time. I strongly agree with Doom that you need your best tactician out on the battlefield and not at home on a computer! :blink:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

soakup

Post by soakup » Wed May 18, 2005 11:23 pm

I knew it wasn't all that good but I was asking because I might start one to get the annoying dude in my group off the field screwing it up for the rest of us. Honestly, once(many times) he accidently shoots us. The only thing he is good at is the computer. I appreciate the rude remarks I have printed the page out to show him how horribly stupid the idea was.
sponge+James Collins+ water=soakup