Musical Instruments

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:11 pm

Does anyone play any musical instruments?

For example, I play a bit of piano, the saxophone, and am just starting violin.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:19 pm

Piano, and a very little bit of guitar. I'd like to learn something in the horn section for playing blues. What types of music do you all like to play?
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:57 pm

orchestral f/b flat horn, and a bit of piano.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

DX

Post by DX » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:23 pm

Long-time Pianist, played Clarinet for a few years.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:51 pm

Bass guitar. I started playing three months ago and I can already play three full songs (Longview by Green Day, Israel's Son by Silverchair, and Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes). I've also made some songs with my friends Kevin (who plays electric).
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:40 pm

I've played trombone for about 2 years and I play the Recorder! :P Hm....That's it. Wow...so many people do different things and keep up with soakers as well as forums. That's pretty koo'!
<span style='color:red'>Because Hooligans are
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:58 pm

I used to play cello quite a lot. After that I learned to play piano real good about one and a half years ago. And I started playing guitar about a year ago. I'm pretty good at that as well.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:15 pm

I play the B flat trumpet, the recorder, and I can poke out a few tunes on a piano.
hmmm... that seems to be it. Oh, wait, I can play the jaw (Jew's) harp too. (it can be used to make a "springy" sound effect)

RecklessAssault

Post by RecklessAssault » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:07 pm

Band has been my biggest hobby since I was a sophomore in HS. The instruments I own and play are as follows. Not necessarily pertinent information, but I take great pride in my horns.

Silver plated King 607F Trombone with F attachment (played with University of Nebraska-Kearney "Pride of the Plains" Marching Band, symphonic band, wind ensemble, j-a-z-z-rock (sorry, if I left "the J word" intact it would leave an extremely embarrassing censored form) ensemble, brass quintet, and a few other groups)

Silver plated Blessing B135 Bb Trumpet (very inexpensive, and it plays great)

I also play the tuba and euphonium, as well as piano and drums. I intend to learn how to play guitar and, possibly, bass.

Aaron

(EDIT: Sure, j-a-z-z looks funny, but it's better than jbutt.)
<span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='color:red'>I bought a box of lady fingers at the local bakery this morning, but when I got home I noticed that one of 'em was missing. I decided to take the box back to the bakery and show the manager. He gave me the finger. (adapted from a joke by Jay London)

revengeofline

Post by revengeofline » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:14 pm

I can play the trumpet and recorder, but I want to learn how to play electric guitar. Toaster, my dad can play the Jew's harp but I have no idea how he does it. I try and it just hurts my teeth.

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:09 am

Jeez...

Reckless...that's sorta...a lot of money into instruments! Koo' Nonetheless!
<span style='color:red'>Because Hooligans are
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant

Toaster

Post by Toaster » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:07 pm

Originally posted by revengeofline@Jul 22 2004, 06:14 PM
Toaster, my dad can play the Jew's harp but I have no idea how he does it. I try and it just hurts my teeth.
you're probably not holding it right. if your dad's Jew's harp has a diamond cross-section, put the edges of your teeth on the side facing away from the part of the center tab that sticks out and away from the center, (don't put your teeth on the "corner" ridges) and then put your lips flat against your teeth, touching the same side your teeth are. if I had a digital camera, I'd show you pictures.

DoubleONothing

Post by DoubleONothing » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:36 am

Lets see...

4 years as a Drummer
Starting Piano ( I guess)
Recorder
Starting Guitar
Ocarina.