Used Monster XL + CPS 3200: How much could I get?

Buy, sell, trade, or discuss prices of Super Soakers and water guns here. (For members only)
schadenfreude52

Selling Used Monster XL + CPS 3200: How much could I get?

Post by schadenfreude52 » Sun May 06, 2007 7:07 pm

Hey guys, this is my first post, so please bear with me if I make some sort of mistake. Anyway, here it goes.

So, in my possession I have two giant guns, the Monster XL (I hear there are a number of editions; I acquired this gun in 2000, so I hope that helps) and a CPS 3200 (Purchased in 2000).

As far as the condition of these guns, I can say that both work and have not been tampered with. However, the legs and the strap that were used to support the Monster XL have been broken. Other than that, the gun has some scuff marks but still functions really well.

The CPS 3200 is not broken at all, but I am having trouble locating its backpack. I'm somewhat certain that it's lying around somewhere in my house, but I'm not completely confident.

If I were to try to sell these guns on eBay or offer them to someone here, how much do you think I could get? I am also considering possible trade or trade+cash scenarios for either so that I could get a more manageable gun.

Also, if you are willing to help me with pricing the guns or are at all interested in purchasing, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible with more information and pictures.

Thanks for your responses!
Last edited by schadenfreude52 on Sun May 06, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Stealthy Panda

Post by The Stealthy Panda » Sun May 06, 2007 8:43 pm

A Monster XL and CPS 3200? I would estimate the two at at least a combined $350 USD, probably more. :eek: Now for the opinionated stuff...why are you selling these again? I'm just curious, seeing as we haven't seen anything like this manufactured in, like, three years, and it's probably at least another ten before we see them again (if ever). Even if you're made of money (which you will be soon), it's near impossible to get your hands on these guns. If I were you, I would most likely keep them, if only to sell them in a few years when they've further appreciated in value. Just FYI. :D
Last edited by The Stealthy Panda on Sun May 13, 2007 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sorry about that, I didn't notice the missing L.
Hail Reeen! (Reeen is not a typo)

schadenfreude52

Post by schadenfreude52 » Sun May 06, 2007 8:50 pm

The Stealthy Panda wrote:A Monster X and CPS 3200? I would estimate the two at at least a combined $350 USD, probably more. :eek: Now for the opinionated stuff...why are you selling these again? I'm just curious, seeing as we haven't seen anything like this manufactured in, like, three years, and it's probably at least another ten before we see them again (if ever). Even if you're made of money (which you will be soon), it's near impossible to get your hands on these guns. If I were you, I would most likely keep them, if only to sell them in a few years when they've further appreciated in value. Just FYI. :D
Wow, that's actually more than I was expecting considering that they both are not in pristine condition. (Again, I'll be happy to post pictures later on, should anyone want to see what I'm talking about).

The main reason I'm considering selling them is simply the fact that I hardly ever use them. They're spending most of their time in my garage just sitting there.

However before selling them, I'll probably have one more battle with them just to remember the good times. :D

schadenfreude52

Post by schadenfreude52 » Sun May 06, 2007 9:23 pm

The Stealthy Panda wrote:A Monster X and CPS 3200?
Also, I'm not sure if this was simply a typo, but it's a Monster XL, not a Monster X.

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 06, 2007 10:06 pm

The MXL might be worth $40-150 with the given information. For some reason, many buyers are picky about things like not having the strap or bipods. However, with a well presented auction, you could pull off a higher price simply by getting potential buyers excited about the gun despite the faults.

The 3200 price range really depends on the condition. "Used" can imply a lot of things. Unfortunately there are no real grades for water guns. A mint condition 3200 would go for about $60-120, though I've seen a couple go into the $130s. Again, a well presented auction with quality pictures will draw the best prices regardless of what is being sold.

If you want to know the details about MXL and 3200 versions, Zoccoz would be a good member to ask. Also, I'd suggest selling the guns separately. Since both guns have high demand, you can capitalize on buyer competition and potentially yield higher prices with two auctions.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 06, 2007 10:23 pm

Yep, DX is right. I'd actually estimate more money for the Monster XL - some have hit something like $250, I think. Once again, if you play down the bipod issue and have a good description, you should get a good amount of money this time of year.

In May-June, a CPS 3200 will probably hit $100. Tell people it's got the power of old-school CPS but with a backpack.

And once again, have multiple auctions. People are also a lot more willing to shell out less money, even if they're getting less.

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 06, 2007 10:46 pm

Used MXLs, especially those missing parts, rarely break $200. It usually takes a mint or NIB to get the best prices. Then again, there are always exceptions and this is a good time of the year to sell...
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

schadenfreude52

Post by schadenfreude52 » Tue May 08, 2007 4:04 am

Thanks for your advice, guys!

I'm pretty sure that I'll have the Monster XL on eBay within the next 2-3 weeks. I'm kinda busy right now and I want to try to clean the gun up a little more before I put it up on auction.

Now, as far as the CPS 3200 goes, I'm actually starting to debate selling it. One of the main reasons I want to get rid of the Monster XL is the fact that it's too big for my liking. It's a great gun that gets people soaking wet in a hurry, but it's just too much for me. Because the CPS 3200 is more manageable to handle, it's more my type of gun. However, I would still consider selling it if I got the right sort of offer.

Anywho, I'll be sure to post up further info about my upcoming auction so word gets spread around more.

Thanks again!

Chewie

Post by Chewie » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:23 am

I recently (last year) purchased a nearly-perfect XL for $110 plus shipping. It worked except the right barrel cap wouldn't stay attached. I'm working on a way to fix it, currently.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:59 pm

Another one bites the bullet. But then again, paying that much money is, in a way, easier than trying to find a $15 MXL in the off season. (still pissed about that $15 MXL I missed last year)