Any west coasters?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Baghead

Any west coasters?

Post by Baghead » Fri May 19, 2006 1:27 am

I've been on this site for about a week or so, and so far I've only come across say 6 different active posters, and almost all of you are on the east coast. I was hoping to try to host some form of a hybrid Soaker/Nerf throwdown this summer, but so far I have no idea if any Soaker fanatics would even come, because I haven't come across any. Is anyone fairly active from the westside?

-bags

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri May 19, 2006 1:55 am

Go to the "members" section at the SSC forums and search for California. I only searched for CA, which gives some results, but that also gets a ton of people from places that have "ca" anywhere in the location name. However, some, like SoakerHunter, are from California...

It's going to be hard to find people...but SM and iScF might be good choices, too. You could ask people who aren't members but see this post to email you...

m15399

Post by m15399 » Fri May 19, 2006 5:32 am

I'm not about to tell anyone where I live, but lets just say I'm close to the west coast.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 21, 2006 3:06 am

Baghead, you could refer to this thread or to PMs in your signature. That way, anybody who sees one of your posts and who lives in California will tell you.

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 21, 2006 3:14 am

Finding people for a water war is more difficult than for Nerf, since our community is a lot smaller. Soaking seems to be strongest on the East Coast, whereas Nerf is strong on both coasts. We have also been in a decline for the past year and change, so the remaining membership is comparable to survivors of a great battle.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

CRAZY Homemade

Post by CRAZY Homemade » Sun May 21, 2006 3:15 am

Hello Bags, I am californian. Somewhere near Sacramento. Well that is about it that I am going to tell you
You wonder why I am called Crazy Homemade...

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 21, 2006 3:18 am

NOTE: You don't have to be a regular contributor to SSC to be an active water warrior. Think about it--millions of soakers must have been made, but I believe there are less than a thousand people at all the online soaking sites combined. You'll have to go local if you really want to start some wars, and you'll get better and more convenient people, too. Good luck in your search...

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Sun May 21, 2006 8:31 am

Canada has even less soaker teams or enthusiaist groups than the USA. In my local area, its prity much just me. Everyone else I know is into Hockey or some other sport based on playing with their balls. (HA! )
So yeah, local searches is the only way to have fights if you can find enough volunteers in your age group.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 21, 2006 3:37 pm

@ CRAZY Homemade, m15399, and other Californians: If you guys don't want to openly disclose where you live, just send Baghead a PM. If you have done so already, then this is directed at other Californians.

Baghead

Post by Baghead » Sun May 21, 2006 6:28 pm

Well, so far this has helped little, but from what I gather we're still really spread apart, I'm in SoCal. I intend to convert my Nerf Clan into a soaker squad as well, so perhaps once we have a large team, we'll be able to draw more people.

-bags

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 21, 2006 6:34 pm

Well, in Flannel's first thread, Ben posted a link to a Nerfhaven thread about water gunning. Considering some of the Nerfers' attitudes about soaking, Ben must have been pretty brave to post a defence of water warriors.

No, seriously...I doubt you Clan members will take to the idea of starting a water gun club--except for a few. You can try, but I doubt it will happen.

DX

Post by DX » Sun May 21, 2006 8:30 pm

I was able to convert my water war team to a Nerf clan as well, so it should work in the inverse direction. Interest in water warfare is made easier by having interests in Tech, so Nerf modders should have no trouble creating that interest via modding or building water guns.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!